Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How soon to do a pregnancy test after IUI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

When is the soonest I can take a pregnancy test after my IUI for it to be accurate? I'm on day 8- is it too soon?? This is my 3rd month doing IUI and just anxious:)
If you did a trigger shot HCG or Ovidrel then u need to wait 14 days or you will get a false positive. If u havent been given the trigger shot before or after IUI then there is no false positives. Good Luck !
I think day 8 is safe... What day was the trigger shot?  I tested at this time & was getting negative.  (no false positive here)  Although my IUI didn't work anyway.

Good Luck to you.
i tested at day 10 and got a negative. Mine didn't work either but i heard 10 days the trigger is out of your system. good luck! Hope the third time's a charm.
I'm now on day 11 after the trigger shot. Maybe I'll try it and see. Thanks all-good luck to you too!
My RE said that you can get a pretty accurate result on day 10 but if you are going to POAS he advised me to wait it out till day 12 and then have beta on day 14.  I hope you get your BFP!!!!  I am currently 6dpIUI and I WILL be testing on 12dpiui!!  Keep us posted!!!  SSBD!!!!!!

This month was my fourth IUI. I did not get any shots or medicine before my IUI. This past IUI that was done(my 4th IUI) THE doctor wanted to do two IUI.  My first IUI was done Oct. 1 and My second One was done Oct. 3 When should I do a pregnancy test?