Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How to get pregnant at 45?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

How to get pregnant at 45?

Anybody there conceived naturally at 45? Soon will be 46. I had a MC 1.5 years ago, maybe because my blood turned to be Rh(-)?
Since then TTC. I am already too old for IVF... Tried clomid last month...No luck. Want to add baby aspirin.
When is the best time to take it - at night, in the morning, with food, after a meal?  Any advice there? Thanks.
hi-
from what i've read there has been mixed reviews on the use of aspirin (or heparin) to aid in conception.  they said it is the anti-inflammatory effect (and not the blood thinning effect) of aspirin that may help with women ttc.  though some women think it is the increase blood flow to the ovaries and uterus that makes aspirin helpful.  the study concluded that there is no big difference in women ttc who are taking aspirin (vs not taking aspirin) with chances of miscarriage.
BUT, in my opinion... even though the study showed it didn't help... they didn't say it hurt.  there are advantages of taking aspiring BUT i would talk to your GP or OB/GYN before taking it and only take baby aspirin... if you have to.
with respect to IVF and your age.  don't give-up.  there are a few re that are willing to work with older women... check out the sher institute (google it... he talks about having a patient he worked with who eventually gave birth at 47 with ivf).  there is no guarantee obviously and it will be financially and emotionally draining... but 'may be' worth it if works.  i also read that as long as you are having menses/period... you are still ovulating.  good luck and i hope this info helps!

here's an excerpt from the study:
Hi, and 1000000 thanks for your response! I checked the Sher's clinic and learned of the viagra for women success. Will be doing more research on this and let everybody know of the results!
have you had a workup yet?
if your egg reserves are OK you may still be a candidate for IVF....just have to find a clinic that won't just write you off without looking.
and there's donor eggs as a possibility as well...
good luck
I know someone who had twins at 46 using donor eggs. She did IVF first and mc twice, was told it was due to poor egg quality, but went on to have successful pg on first try with donor eggs. Good luck!
We decided to have ivf in June 2011. And things have moved very quickly.  My wife is now on day 11 after 2 embyro transfers.   She got a reading yesterday showing a positive and informed the clinic. They replied that is could be a false reading. We have 12 hours to wait