Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
How would i determine DPO with IVF?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

How would i determine DPO with IVF?

Hi All,

i had a question. i see alot of people posting they are 6,7 DPO and stuff. does that still apply to me? i did IVF-ICSI. my ET was on Saturday with 8 Cell embryo. how to determine where i am? i read on some website that if i had BFP i would count two weeks before me ER? im confused!! Any info would be appreciated!  
Gosh.. If I remember right I think the nurse told me they count the day of ER and not 2 weeks before but I can't swear on my life about this one...  I just remember that coming up and her telling me that.... I will wait to see what other comments you get... sorry I can't be more certain - it was back on May and so much has been going on since then.
I wondered the same thing when I came to this forum and after I received my first HCG number, because all the charts go by dpo.  I agree with the other women, I believe that its the day of ER, because you take the trigger shot to induce ovulation, so that's what I assumed it was also.  Too, when you get your BFP, to figure your due date and how many weeks you are, they still go by the first day of your LMP, so 2wks post transfer when I found out I was pg, I was already 5wks pg!!  It's crazy!!

Good luck!! :)
My Dr told me to consider the retrieval day as O day.  
My doctor does the beta 9 days after a 5 day transfer so 14 days after retrieval.  I was also told that if I was to get a +++ then I would be four weeks along.  I am sure all these docs do it differently. Good luck to you.
My doctor made me a calendar.  She has me down for tenative transfer on the 28th and I am suppose to take a PT on Aug. 10th.  That is 13 days later!!!   She also told me that counting & ovulation and all doesn't pertain to me anymore b/c they have control over it all with the meds.  The typical cycle no longer applies.
This is what my dr says.  I assume this should apply to you as well since you were on all of those meds too.  My paperwork says day 16 after the retrieval is when you are supposed to take the PT.  Keep us posted!!!!!!
mine considered dpo the day of the ER.  then i did pt 14 days later.   how are you doing hoping4twins?  what have you found out?
hey all,

9 dpo from ET and im just feeling like AF but not quite the same. very sensitive lately though. bbs dont hurt anymore like they do when AF is coming. she's due tomorrow. i havent called my ER because im just trying to wait for thursday to get the results. My DH is just so certain that it worked! im trying to be optimistic so if it didnt i wont be to let down. Good luck to everybody! SSBD!!