Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
I don't understand the ovulation numbers?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

What does this mean? Avg 16 Min 13 Max 22? I missed the month of July, started for one day on August 1 and now nothing?
Do you mean cycle days? I don't quite understand your post. If it is cycle days, I take it as the earliest you would ovulate is CD13, and the latest would be CD22 with CD16 being the average. If you're using an ovulation calender to do this, these things aren't very accurate at all.
I am using an ovulation calendar and at the bottom of the chart it has 3 different numbers. So, I didn't exactly understand. Would I ovulate 13 days into the cycle or 16 days? I figured it was giving me crazy numbers since I missed the month of July (first time missing a month without being preg).
Like I said before, these calenders aren't accurate. You don't ovulate when a calender says you will...that's your body's job to decide. These calenders just look at how long your cycle usually is, and knowing that most women are meant to ovulate mid cycle...it works out average numbers and estimates when you're going to ovulate. They're really not accurate at all. If you're wanting to track ovulation best thing to do is track you BBT (basil body temperature) and using OPK's (ovulation predictor kits). These are the most accurate ways of tracking when you're going to ovulate and use the signs from your body...not what a calender is guessing.

When you start TTC, it puts added stress on a woman's body and can mess up her cycle...this could be why you didn't have a period in July even though you aren't pregnant. Try to relax and take things as the come, don't put too much stress on it all.
I have actually had to take a break from it. It became way to stressful and started turning into a chor.  I don't even really talk about my ovulation, period and when its time to have sex anymore with my husband because it took out the natural way of how things are suppose to take its course. Thanks for your help. I still try to keep up with my cycle using this chart because otherwise, it will stress me out trying to remember when my last period was, u know? But, here is another question, if you don't mind? I just saw something else on the chart. What does DPO mean?
Yeah if you ask many ladies on here, TTC and charting and timing intercourse does take the romance side out of things and can definitely make it feel like a chore. DPO means days post ovulation (days after ovulation).
Well, this chart doesn't seem right and I have been posting when things happen every day. I am no longer interested in knowing when my body is suppose to ovulate or have my period....I know that sounds silly, but its turning into a chore for me. I have enough numbers in life to keep up with, you know? Thanks for talking to me though. Best Wishes to you!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers