Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
I know Im writing a long story but i need help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Hi everyone,
How r u all doing? Im new to this group.I hope this forum is much helpful.
I have unknown fertility problem. Normally i have a problem with irregular periods.my doc did HSG and many blood tests but she did not find any problem every thing is looking normal.
from past 1 yr im trying to get pregnancy.My doc said im not ovulating.I don't know reason.
now im on clomid 150 mg. Today is my 26th day. yesterday i got improvment in that line on ovulation strip(much better than earlier).but its really confusing. Can any one help which ovulation kit gives clear results?
I don't know whether im getting good treatment for my problem.Do i need to go to fertility specialist?
I know im writing a long story but i want some help.
My mind is full of questions.. Im praying to god everyday   :) . All THE BEST TO U ALL.
Seems like you have all the sam problems as me! Except I have been trying to get p.g. for 6 years, I went to a fertility doc. and they put me on 50mg clomid. This is my second month on it. I am 7dpo. I have also had problems with the ovk strips, I hear that the digital ones are easier to deciepher, with just a smiley face if positve. If I don't get p.g. this month then I will try the digitals. For the most part your doc seems to be doing the same things my Fertility doctor is. Did they have you come in to see if the clomid is working or not? I am also going to try pre-seed next month (hoping there won't be one!) Because I have heard that clomid can make your cm (cervical mucous) infertile. Hope that helps!
Welcome to our community!
SSBD!! (super sticky baby dust)
Hi,I have unexplained infertility too..No problems moreover i ovulate on my own.I had a misscarriage in 2007 trying since then but we were not aware of ovulation days so we were not doing it on right days..Then went to Re after 1 yr of trying she asked me to use CLEAR BLUE opk.which gives smily face if u r ovulating.I found out that i was ovulatind late in cycle (CD20) ..I am doing IUI with clomid and trigger shots..2 failed and its 3rd now..Waiting for BFP ..hope AF stays away...
Anyways goodluck to you too.Try Clearblue .its the best
I have a LOT of explained infertility but I just wanted to say welcome and to say that I know how hard it is. I don't ovulate but it's due to PCOS, not unexplained but they did put me on clomid to start with. The IUI didn't take and I had horrible side effects with the clomid so they moved on to femara. The follicles still aren't growing so they put me on four days of tamoxifen of something like that. Anyway, I have a WONDERFUL OB/GYN who is very capable and overall just a great doctor. However he referred us to a fertility specialist because this is ALL that these doctor's do. So, yes I would see about using a fertility specialist because of there are a LOT of different drugs that they can use to get you to ovulate. My fertility specialist (reproductive endocronologist -i probably misspelled that- or RE) said that some women just don't respond well to oral medication and they have to move on to injectibles but he said that they have a lot more oral medication they can try first before having to go that far, so don't worry. I'm just pointing that out to say that there are a lot of options and an RE would be the best doctor to help with all of this! Again, welcome and good luck!!!
Thank u crystalwolf...My doc did not check anything like that whether clomid is working for me or not.This month we tried naturally with clomid.we r waiting for results.
And how they will test whether clomid is right for me or not?
she does not explain any thing her own. We have to ask everything.That's why we r worring about.
This time i'll try digital ones.
All the best .Thanks for ur suggesion.
Thanks for ur response Pearl1980.All the best to u.
I'll try clearblue opk next cycle.
there is a blood test to check your progesterone level usually done 7 days after you ovulate to ensure that ovulation took place. I was on 100mg of Clomid and doc did this blood test and it showed even tho I was on Clomid I still did not ovulate.
Also it is important for your partner to have a semen analysis done. If they discover that Clomid does work for you but partner has issues they will need to address those problems as well.
Thank u Nat256.This information Lot helpful to me.we r searching for fertility specialist(RE).and all the best to u too.
yes my doc did that blood test before giving clomid. it showed progesterone levels very low.After taking clomid she did ultrasound to monitor my foliciles.and said there are less chances to release egg.My husband semen analysis reports are pretty good.Thank u and good luck!!
Good luck to you too!  Actually I am pregnant. I took a 2 month break from clomid and got pregnant on my own. ;)
Oh no problem. I hope that I could help at least a little bit :)

Mind you I have PCOS so I know that I"m not ovulating on my own. My RE monitors me regularly and in addition to the blood test they do an ultrasound to see if the clomid is working or not. They can count the follicles and tell how big they are. This in conjunction with the blood test tells them if I'm not ovulating or if I am. That's what's been going on this time, even though I'm taking the fertility meds. I'm still not ovulating. I have six follicles but they aren't just getting there, that's part of the reason for the blood work and the ultrasound. They may not need to monitor you so intensely but I was just like hey guys I don't know the first thing about monitoring my cycle because I have a yearly cycle. I am ALL messed up and they said, no, no we are going to monitor you very closely. So... Maybe it won't be as difficult for you . I hope not anyway :)
Congratulations Quinns!!.
Don't worry.U will get success very soon :)
I hope so :) I never realized how impatient I actually am :) Oh well...

Hey, keep me updated on how you're doing OK?