Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
I need everyones help I got Bloodwork results HCG negative and Progeste...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I need everyones help I got Bloodwork results HCG negative and Progesterone shows preggo

Well I am kind of dissapointed because my nurse just called me with the results of the test. She said my progesterone level is sky high showing a pregnancy but the HCG test came back negative. she thinks it was a lab error..PLEASE HELP ME GIRLS..HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE???
I'm not sure if you suffer from any sort of infertility but what I do know is that I get that (High Progesterone) on a monthly basis. I myself have PCOS and apperantley have a little imbalance in the Adrenal function. This is not comfirmed since test results are not in yet but I am taking Dexamethasone (0.25mg daily) for almost 2 weeks now and there has been an improvement. Progesterone came down and I am even ovulating on my own (in the next 24 hrs...just had my 2nd IUI). You should test again in a couple of days to see if levels came down. Good Luck!!!
It sounds to me like the lab error was with the hcg.  HPT's don't measure projesterone and if you're getting positive results then you have hcg in your body.  Are you getting more bloodwork done?  I can't even imagine how crazy you must be going.  If it were me, I wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything else but finding out what's going on.  Hang in there, there must be an explanation.
Yes I am suppose to go tomorrow to take the test again for the HCG..I dont know How it can be negative when the home test are still coming out positive and thats the hormone that it detects..The nurse thinks its definetely a lab error. I have never had problems with my progesterone levels being high for no reason all the test they have done bfore have always come out normal thats why they didnt put me on any hormone meds....Im sooooo confused.cuz even if it was that I was having a mc the hcg hormone would still show up.
Was your blood test quantitative?  Remember, they don't show positive unless the HCG level is over 25.  Yours could very well be under 25 and you could still be pregnant.  I'm sure you are if you're getting positives on your HPT's.

Good luck!
What do you mean by quaratine?? So do you think that I am sooo early that my level is was still under 25 when I took the test. I am only 3 weeks?
I have not had this happen to me, but I wanted to wish you the best of luck and I am keeping my fingers crossed that this was a lab error, and that you'll get that bfp soon!
I just took another first response test and its still positive so then how can the one at the Docs office come out neg...Im soooooooooooo worried...
Thanks for all your great positive reassurement...I will let you guys know what happens tomorrow when I retake the test....
Oooooo, I just had a thought. What if your Hcg was switched with another. Someone may be getting new that they are bfp and aren't. Ooooooooo
I am using First Responce and Answer...They are supposed to be pretty accurate.. i dont know whats going on because even if my progesterone level is high for some other reason than pregnancy there is no way the HPTs would be possitive because they have nothing to do with the progesterone hormone they are based on the presence of HCG right..And i was reading that if i had late implantation my hcg levels wouldnt be high right away...I dont know im going crazzzyyyy and im trying to relax..
Yeah, I'd definitely do another test.  I'm the first one to say that the lab can easily mix things up.  I never thought about the other side of a mix-up.  Imagine the horror of being told you're preggo and then find out it's a mistake!!  And the chances of you getting more than one BFP on a urine test would mean a VERY good possibility that you are.
Yep, the only thing that makes a hpt bfp is hcg and meds that contain hcg. If your getting bfps on more than one test and more than one brand, I'd say pg. :)
Yes it is possible. A qualitive hcg only says yes or no. Under 25 is considered negative. FRER and a few others have been know to detect under 25. A quantative will tell you level of Hcg example 20. However, it's sounding like a lab screw up. It's not as uncommon as we'd like to think. Which brand test are you using?
I just got off my pill for a little over a month. my last period was february 15 and it is march 20 i still haven't started cycle on march 17 i got blood work  and my progesterone was extremely high they asked me if i was on progesterone supplements and i didn't even know what that was. I think i am pregnant, but hcg is negative. did this ever happen to anyone. is it too early should i wait a week or two past my cycle due date i called the doctors office to see if i should do follow up lab work and they haven't returned my call. i am very confused. did this every happen to anyone and they were pregnant i mean your progesterone should drop so your cycle can start correct why is mine still elevated? please someone respond to put my mind at ease for at least the weekend!
the same thing happened to me the doctor called asking if i was on progesterone supplements because it was pretty high but i was due for my cycle in a day or two i have not started my cycle and my hcg was negative but my progesterone was very elevated and it was 10 days past ovulation
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers