I want to be an egg donor!!
Does anyone know where I can go anywhere near Jefferson City, MO to become an egg donor? I heard on the news this morning that more and more women are doing egg donations, and it got me thinking that I could do that as well! Our plan is to do 3 more follistim/IUI cycles, and if those fail we're moving on to IVF, no more waiting! But before doing IVF, I was thinking I could donate my eggs and use that money to pay for our IVF. I was talking to a very good friend of mine, and she told me that it would be hard for her to do such a thing b/c what if she never concieved, and she always thought in the back of her mind that "her baby" was out there somewhere. But I thought, this decision won't affect my chances of having another baby because It's God's plan no matter what, and what if donating my eggs gave someone else their miracle, and that was God's plan for them?? If we do get our miracle, and get pregnant within our next 3 follistim/IUI cycles, I will donate my eggs after my child is born. Then we'll put the money towards our child's college fund! :) I read a lot of women on here using donor eggs, and I feel like if I can help them out, and they're helping me out and don't even know it, then what better miracle than that?! I'm young and healthy, family history is great, so I feel like this could really happen! If anyone knows where I could go to do this, I would appreciate it! I go to a clinic in Columbia where my current RE is, and they don't take egg donors. I was thinking I would have to call a RE in St. Louis or Kansas City, since they're bigger cities. Anyway, SSBD to all!! :)
it sounds great  the reason you are doing it is great we are doing ivf  on the last of march around 25 or 26 of march but there  is only going to  be about 2 or 3 that we are going to need and the rest are going to be frozen so we might consider the  same concept as you we might donate some I have alot and some women dont have that chance doyou know how much they pay for each follicle please answere me !!!!!!!!!!!!!  cuz this might help with the costs it is extremely expensive
Thanks Zip! I'm not sure what the costs are for adopting embryo's, but I think that's also a great way to help out women who are having a hard time concieving with their own eggs! I would talk with your RE about it. That's also a hard decision to make, but a good one in the sense that you would be giving 2 parents- to- be a miracle! Good luck to you in March! I hope that IVF works for you!!
I am in St. Louis (was just in JC last week!) and I would think you would want to come over here and go to a clinic for donations.  It isn't that far.
Thanks Alikat! I looked up there and KC and couldn't really find anything about donors?? I guess I just need to call around... STL is very close, but the thing with doing the donations is is just like an IVF cycle, except you don't go past the egg retrieval part so I would be going every couple of days or so. My schedule is so hectic right now, that would add a lot to it. I know it's worth it, but we still have 6+ months until this is a for sure thing. I'm really hoping we get pregnant in the next 6 cycles, but if not, this will be the next on our " to do" list. Then we'll move on to our own IVF. Like I said, if we do get blessed and get pregnant within the next 6 cycles, we'll do the egg donations after our baby is born. If you have any suggestions on where to go in STL, let me know! Thanks! :)
Does anyone know where can i find good fertility dr in St. Louis? I am moving there next month and i need to continue with my infertility treatments. please help. thanks.
luvkayln- the only downfall is they will tell you that the drugs that you have to take for them to collect the eggs can cause you to not be able to conceive in the future.  there is always a risk with donation and it does state that in all of the literature about it.  I looked into it also and decided to hold off until after i conceived myself so just in case something happened i would already have a child of my own.  
There are plenty of egg donation agencies - one I found in St. Louis is:
www.conceiveabilities.com/stlouis_missouri.htm - there are lots more - of course I don't know the area at all so I'm not sure if St. Louis is even close to you.
st. louis is close.  i drove it twice last week, it takes about 2 hours.