Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IRREGULAR PERIOD + CLOMID???
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IRREGULAR PERIOD + CLOMID???

i'm trying for my second, i have irregular period and prolly not ovulating properly that's why i would like to take clomid. can i take clomid even i have irregular period? if i get my period for this month, can i start taking clomid? then stop and wait for my next period? or clomid should be taken regularly every month? pls help. advise. thank you.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
178239_tn?1277409091
Yes, in fact it may regulate your cycle as well. Usually, you don't take a break after only one round of Clomid. You do need to start your period to be able to start taking the Clomid.
Blank
I had irregular periods and took clomid for one month and got pg the first try. They usually let you take it for 3-4 months.  I have a friend that took it for 3 months and stopped because RE recommended and got pg the first month without it.
Blank
211199_tn?1235004221
Actually, you do not need to get a period in order to start clomid.  When I first started taking it I hadn't had a period in 7 months....It worked fine.  Just a little FYI for ya!  :-)  Where are you in your cycle?
katie
Blank
270696_tn?1243551620
My dr. put me on prometrium to make my period start and then I took clomid days 5-9 of my cycle.
Blank
Since I don't get regular periods - off the pill - I was put on Clomid this month while TTC.  
I ovulated very late this month and my period still hasn't come == I am on day 36 now.  Dr. put me on progesterone to bring on a period - after my blood test showed negative.  If I don't get it again, then I have to take another PT.  
You take Clomid for 5 days, starting the 3rd day of your period.  You might need progesterone to get a period first.  That's usually a 5-day pill, as well.  You need to get your hormones checked, b/c even if you get pregnant - you need progesterone to keep it attached and it sounds like you are lacking that hormone.  Good luck and keep me posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...