IRREGULAR PERIOD + CLOMID???
i'm trying for my second, i have irregular period and prolly not ovulating properly that's why i would like to take clomid. can i take clomid even i have irregular period? if i get my period for this month, can i start taking clomid? then stop and wait for my next period? or clomid should be taken regularly every month? pls help. advise. thank you.
Yes, in fact it may regulate your cycle as well. Usually, you don't take a break after only one round of Clomid. You do need to start your period to be able to start taking the Clomid.
I had irregular periods and took clomid for one month and got pg the first try. They usually let you take it for 3-4 months.  I have a friend that took it for 3 months and stopped because RE recommended and got pg the first month without it.
Actually, you do not need to get a period in order to start clomid.  When I first started taking it I hadn't had a period in 7 months....It worked fine.  Just a little FYI for ya!  :-)  Where are you in your cycle?
katie
My dr. put me on prometrium to make my period start and then I took clomid days 5-9 of my cycle.
Since I don't get regular periods - off the pill - I was put on Clomid this month while TTC.  
I ovulated very late this month and my period still hasn't come == I am on day 36 now.  Dr. put me on progesterone to bring on a period - after my blood test showed negative.  If I don't get it again, then I have to take another PT.  
You take Clomid for 5 days, starting the 3rd day of your period.  You might need progesterone to get a period first.  That's usually a 5-day pill, as well.  You need to get your hormones checked, b/c even if you get pregnant - you need progesterone to keep it attached and it sounds like you are lacking that hormone.  Good luck and keep me posted.