Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IUI - The waiting period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

IUI - The waiting period

I recently began the process for IVF.  I took all the medications (at least 2 shots a day)  and went for my baseline. At my last ultrasound I was told that they could not proceed with IVF because I only produced 2 mature folliciles. As you can imagine I was very upset and disappointed.  They then made me go through IUI three days later.  They did not give me any information so I had to learn from the internet. I am not sure if I should have been a canidate for this procedure because I have severe endometriosis. They informed me since I had 2 mature follicles, my estrogen was high and my fallopian tubes were open that this would be the best option for me. Well I had it 5 days ago and have been an emotional wreck. I aqm experiencing some cramping and I constantly feel that I am getting my period. Has anyone been succssful with sever endometriosis and is cramping normal?
I would talk to  your doctor and find out why he did the IUI. I to have gone through the process of IVF only to have to cancel it right before they were to do the retrieval due to not having enough mature follicles. My dr did another test on me to check my amh level and we found out it is very low (0.4) they like to see it at 1 or 2 so I am not sure if we will be able to continue with IVF, on top of that I also have antisperm antibody. I understand what you are going through, I also had 3 IUI's and they all failed. I did have a lot of cramping the last time that lasted for a couple of days. Hang in there.