Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IUI Cramps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

IUI Cramps

Hi All,
I'm totally new to this so bear with me. Took chloride days 2-7, hadda a trigger shot day 11 and  I had my first IUI this weekend (day 12 & 13). Doc struggled to get the catheter in on saturday and had to try a few times. Needless to say, it hurt. Sunday was easier. He got it with the first shot and said that I ovulated within a couple hours of the iui. Dh has good numbers and high motility (97%). Was quite sore Sunday and Monday. Now its Thursday and I'm having horrible pain/cramping. Took Tylenol and it helped a little. This doesn't feel l Ike period cramps, it's different- lower and more central and a heck of a lot more painful. Should I call doc?  I had 3 follicles. Should I be worried? Any input would be so much appreciated! Thanks!!
Tags: IUI cramps
Sorry! Autocorrect messed me up!! Took chlomid, not chloride lol!!
Hmmm...I'm not sure what could be causing those cramps. If they were more period-like, I would say it could be implantation cramps (although it might be a little early for that), but since they're that painful, I would probably call and check with your doctor. Best of luck this month! I hope you feel better soon!
Thanks :) They cramps eased, thank goodness!
I am a week away from testing and so nervous! Keep thinking I have symptoms: crazy/tender breasts and nipples, tired, & discharge (sorry for the tmi) all week. It was my first IUI so I am not too hopeful but still keeping my fingers crossed...
Good to hear! I'll keep my fingers crossed, too!