IUI OR IVF
ige
HII AM 31 I HAD A TUBALIGATION IN APRIL 2004 AND AS MOST STORIES GO I REMARRIED AND WE ARE LOOKING INTO HAVING A CHILD. THIS WOULD BE MY THIRD  I AM VERY MUCH INTERESTED IN IVF BUT  I HAVE BEEN READING I CAME UPON IUI. I THOUGHT THIS WOULD BE BETTER FOR ME SINCE I  DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM IN CONCIEVING AND I AM FERTAL THAT IS WHY I HAD THE TUBALIGATION DONE WHICH I SHOULD HAD A MERINA PUT INSTEAD BUT WHO NEW I WOULD HAVE SEPERATED FROM HUSBAND 1.. CAN SOMEONE ACUALLY TELL ME IF IT IS A BETTER RISK TO TAKE WILL I HAVE LESS PROCEDURES TO TAKE CAUSE IVF IS SORTA LENGHTHY AND MANY MEDICATIONS TO TAKE.
Hi Ige!

In your current situation, IUI would not work, since that can only be successful if your tubes are intact and the egg is able to travel down the fallopian tubes. The only difference between regular intercourse and IUI is that the sperm is washed and then inserted through the cervix and directly into the uterus. But the sperm still have to swim and reach the egg like in a natural cycle.

So, I think you have two options...

1. Have reversal surgery. If successful, you could try IUI or just normal intercourse (not sure what the success rate is, though).

or

2. IVF

If I were you, I would set up a consultation with an RE (reproductive endocrinologist). He/she should be able to give you the infroamtion you need to make a decision.

Best of luck to you!
Heather is right.  You should either do tubal reversal surgery or ivf.  IUI still needs open tubes to work.

Good luck to you!!
ige
thanks ladies for your response I did speak with my regular GYN he was the one who tied my tubes he told me he would reverse them for me but the procedure is not as simple as it was to cut them. I would have to have a full surgery and it would be like having a c-section cause I would have to be cut the same way. He recommended IVF I asked about IUI because I seen it here in various post, but he did not mention it now I know why. Reversal is so much riskier it's open surgery and leads to many infections if the tubes do not  heal properly or connect then their is no flow and a greater chance of ectopic pregnancy..   I am defenitly going with IVF but I an so afraid of the self injection part of the deal... What we go through to bring a child of our own into the world...wow we are Super Woman!!!