Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IUI Pregnancy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IUI Pregnancy

My husband is HIV posetive but am negative and we want to have a baby, but d doctor said d viral load is a little high, but can i be pregnant through IUI? what is d guarantee? that i will be safe. and how does IUI work
Hi there,
Before considering conception through assisted methods of reproduction you should be well aware with the risks and consequences. Since conception through natural means creates a risk of HIV transmission to the female insemination using donor sperm may be considered. Inseminating HIV-negative women with sperm washed free of HIV may eliminate the cell-associated and free virus from the semen; this process reduces the risk of transmitting the virus to a quite large extent. Washed IUI is usually tested for HIV using PCR technology. There have been a few case studies which have demonstrated that this method does carry a slight risk of HIV transmission to the woman .Other options available are in vitro fertilization if IUI is not feasible or successful. Each of these techniques has its own risks, failure rates and expenses. Adoption is a safe option to avoid the risks and costs involved in these procedures. It is best to consult a doctor who specializes in dealing with such cases and then take the decision. I hope you find this information useful.
Best luck and regards!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank