IUI Question
doing IUI this cycle, and have been doing ultrasound monitoring every other day.  My follicles grow slow, which is why I have such long cycles.  I did take Femara this cycle, which is speeding things up a bit.  Yesterday I went to the RE, and my largest follicle was 17 mm, and my endometrial lining was 6.5 mm.  I'm just wondering based on any one of you who has done IUI, how much longer before this all happens?  I go in for another ultrasound tomorrow, and I'm just trying to estimate what day the actual insemination will occur.  So excited and nervous!
Hard to say since you have long cycles but at 17mm I would guess pretty soon.  Best of luck to you!!
Hi there - on average your follicles will grow 1mm to 2mm so if youre going in tomorrow i would say they will get you to trigger tomorrow and your insemination will follow in the in the next 24-48hours depeding on your clinic.

My last cycle had a 18mm follicle, i triggered the next morning and insemination was 24 hours later.

Good luck!!!!
Oh! as of now i have no answer for you but i understand your feeling coz wer on the same boat..im on Gonal f injection in  preparation for my IUI this month but still my 2 tiny follies grows very slowly considering i consumed 2 Gonal pen already just for this cycle and still very small..it shows in my u/s and estradiol tests..maybe if by tom appt to RE and still very small she will increase my dosage from 75iu to 100iu per shot..

hope we will reach the enough size for our follies this cycle to get BFP this holidays!pls keep me updated with your status ok..tnx
Well, I went in again today and my largest follicle was 18.  The nurse said she didn't want to trigger yet, because my lining was only 6.5 mm, and she'd like to see that get bigger.  I'm afraid I'll ovulate on my own though, and miss insemination!  I mean, if my follicle is 18, it must be pretty close to just droppin, right?
They would be looking at your estrogen levels too. Perhaps they arent high enough for them to be worried about yet. This bit i always find nerve wrecking so i totally get what youre saying.
Yeah, everyday I've been going in for ultrasound monitoring, they've also been doing blood tests and today they didn't do one so I'm nervous!  I just pray my lining beefs up a bit!
i have question regarding follies:

at cd14 Mine wer only 11mm compared to the size w/c i think is 18mm ready for trigger..why is that mine grows very slowly?..actually u/s shows two tiny follies last dec3..but today my u/s shows only one progressing and yet very slow only 11mm..

do you think there is still chances it will grow a little bit till my next appt w/c is dec8....im still continuing my Gonal f shots till dec7 75iu/day..can you share any insights regarding this matter?..tnx in advance..
Hi all. My husband and I finished our Third cycle with letrozole 10mg CD 3 to 7. Trigger shot CD 10. I had IUI today. It was painful and i bled quite a bit this time which did not happen last. I'm so nauseous right now. I was told I had E2 of 558 and 3 follicles. 19mm 20mm and a 14mm which they thought would grow. My results are better than last 2 cycle. I am so anxious and afraid will not work again;( anyone else have similar exerpience? Any help i appreciated and good luck to all TTC. You are not alone xo -meg
Hi Meg. I had a very similar experience. Four follicles similar in size 17, 18, 20 and one smaller one at 15 and E2-1900. My IUI was more painful then the previous ones and I had some spotting after but that was our cycle! I am 6.5 weeks pregnant. Hope that helps and good luck!