Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IUI Success stories w/low sperm count

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

IUI Success stories w/low sperm count

Please share your success stories with me to ease my mind.  My dh normally has 20 million washed sperm. This time it was 5 million. I had 2 mature follies and a 10.4 lining. Any success stories with the similar situation?
Had my second insemination on 6/23.  Like you our first time my dh had 20 million washed sperm.  This time it was 4.5 million.  I go for my beta test on 7/7.  When do you test?
May I join you ladies?  I am in my very first round of clomid and will do IUI next week.  My dh has low motility.  I have no idea what to expect since today is my second day on clomid and I have never done this before. I've done IVF but m/c at 6w4d.  My new dr. wants to try IUI.   Good luck to both of you!
I recently heard a story of a lady who did an IUI where they only got 200,000 good washed sperm and she still got pregnant! So don't give up hope. It's all about timing and all it takes is that one good sperm. If there's even just one sperm then there's reason to believe!
I am not sure if anyone is still active, but I could sure use some encouragement.  DH and I  are going to start with IUI for low sperm count/motility.  
I did a failed IUI w/ Chlomid for me in December of '07 and that was a BFN.
My husband has been on Chlomid now for over 6 months and his numbers have improved!  
I think if we start we will use the injectables.
How did it work out for the both of you?
How low is your DH's sperm count and motilty? Just wondering becuase my RE won't do iui unless the count is above 10mil and the motility above 30%. She is telling us we need IVF. My DH count is borderline to those values. However if you ovulate on clomid then they may still use that and then do an HCG trigger shot at which you would do the iui 24-36hrs after the trigger. The same goes with injectables but instead of using clomid they will use injectables like Lupron and Gonal-F. There is a nuch higher risk for multiples with the injectables also higher risk for hyperstimulation and thats not fun at all.
Before taking the Chlomid DH was 2mill per Ml with 5 Ml.  After being on Chlomid for 6 months they have increased and last sa was 9/22 with 14 mil per ML with 4 ML.  Motility was 25 %.  
This is strict analysis.
Sorry, also forgot to include.....total motile sperm was 14 million.  
I'm about to do my first IUI next month. My DH has a low count, Morphology and Motility. It's so hard to find success stories online about this working, but I'm trying to stay positive. My DH was also on Clomid and for some reason it did the opposite for him. Good luck to you- I hope the IUI is all you need to get your little miracle :)
Thanks for the encouragement; good luck to you as well next month.  We are meeting with a doctor 10/23 to discuss ivf/iui.  We will talk about cost effectiveness of IUI procedure.  Will you be doing an unmedicated IUI?
I'm going to be taking Clomid with this IUI. I should be starting AF tomorrow. It's weird I have never looked forward to starting AF before. I think we may do 3 IUI's and then if not pregnant and we're going to talk to our RE about doing IVF. Right now we cannot afford injectables, I wish we could. Good luck at the RE I hope you get some good news or advise and get one step closer. What is your DH's SA numbers?
I just had my first IUI in Sept 15th with a post washed donor sperm count of 9 mil. That number really worried me after I read some of the much higher counts in some of the other fertility threads. My tww is over today and I got an HCG of 145 today so yep I'm pregnant and living proof that
1. You can get pregnant on your first IUI and
2. You can get pregnant with a lower sperm count.
It only takes one good one ladies!
I hope this lifts someone up.
Don't give up hope!
That is awesome congrats! This does make me happy and even more positive. Thank you. I hope you have a healthy and happy 9 month :)
Ohhhh! Congrats on the good news!  That is just so awesome.  It most certainly can happen!
Hope all goes well and keep us updated...and yes that does give me hope!
bree08-
I did chlomid with my first IUI in December.  I ovulate on my own, and I only produced one egg.  That is why I am thinking about doing injectables to make it as cost effective (as compared to IVF) as possible.  I only had 1 million total motile sperm post wash with my IUI in December.
bree08-
bree08-
Thank you- I'm hoping for a miracle. I wish we could afford injectables or just IVF right now. Good luck with your next IUI :)
Just wondering if all went well and you started the Chlomid?  Any side affects?
MY HUSBAND AND I JUST WENT THROUGH OUR 2ND IUI . WE WERE ON REPRONEX 150 IU AND PREGNYL TO TRIGG. HIS COUNT WAS 204MIL / 47MIL WASHED. I ALSO HAD 2 FOLLIES @ 18MM AND 17MM. PLEASE PRAY FOR US GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF U TTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can a sperm count of 100000 be used to do iui
hi all
please ladies pray for me........
i really want kid...... iam so frestrated with out child.................. i pray god always.... to give me good baby....... my husband is not intrested in sex.. we are not able to inter course properly...... he has low sprem count
on dec 21 10 we did our first IUI with sperm count as 1ml.... i really want to get the pasitive results....... i want to concieve (conceive),,,,,, i want to become mother...... god has to help..... it will be like miracle in my life goddddddd please help me
  I feel your pain but you must know talking about the wants of unproductive mating only will separate you and your Hubby.  Don't make this a blameable or dramatic situation . . .I know it breaks my Love's heart to know he can not do what I wish so badly to happen, then no sex at all!  Afraid of doctors, and unsure of IVF, I paused and wonder . . do I want to be with him forever. . .and YES I DO!
Relax. . .show your love and don't mention the sperm thingy it only brings dis pair to those who want our love!  Get the nutritional vitamins. . . Argarnine (amino acids), B-12, Zinc, Selenium, E, ect also Ginsing . . .  Blessings to you!