Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IUI Timing poll
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IUI Timing poll

With so many people getting IUI and with such a variation in timing between HCG trigger and IUI, I thought it would be good to take a survey.  I think it is good to have as much information as possible..

How many IUIs have you had?
How many hours were there between HCG trigger and IUI?
How many BFPs have you had from IUI?  

I had 3 IUIs, each time there was 36hrs between HCG and IUI, and I have had 2 BFPs

Thanks and SSBD to all... hannah
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I have had 3 IUIs
First IUI was 24 hours after trigger,  BFN  (50 mg clomid 3-7)
Second was 24 hours after trigger, BFN  (50mg clomid 5-9)
Third was 30 hours after trigger, BFN  (100 mg clomid 5-9)

Hope this helps. . . I did IVF with BFP after 3rd IUI, but m/c at 5 weeks. . . If I was to do more IUIs I would request to do them 36 hours after trigger.
Blank
Good idea, Tanker Chic.  This also answers my question from yesterday about my recent IUI.

I just had my first IUI this cycle, and it was done 12 hours after the HCG.  I do not think I ovulated until about 30-36 hours after the IUI, so I'm thinking my timing was kinda off.  :-(  One other thing is that my cervix was very closed and doc had to dilate which was kinda unpleasant and I hope I don't have to do that again.  

I'm dissappointed.  We are BDing, so there is still hope, but I am anticipating a BFN.
Blank
I've had 2 IUIs, both BFN.  I will have my third once my cysts resolve themselves.

1) 12 hours after trigger, and again at 36 hours after trigger (100 mg clomid 5-9)
2) 12 hours after trigger, and again at 36 hours after trigger (150 mg clomid 5-9)

Thanks for this post; It always seems to me that every RE does this differently.
Blank
205230_tn?1237408793
2 iui's
Both 36 hours after trigger and both BFN
Blank
I have had 3 IUI's.
1.  1st IUI was 24 hours after trigger shot-BFP-resulted in a chemical pregnancy
2.  2nd IUI was 24 hours after trigger shot-BFN
3.  3rd IUI was 30 hours after trigger-we will get results on Monday morning.

I think that the IUI is being done a little too early.  My temp doesn't usually raise for at least 3 days after the trigger-so I am probably ovulating the day after the IUI-hopefully this month will be different.
Blank
205230_tn?1237408793
I'd like to know how the pregnant ladies would respond from the preg. forum since they are the ones that it worked for.  What did they go through and what worked for them?  Maybe try this survey on there too and let us know the results!!!!
Blank
BFP twice from IUI.   Both times done with injectables....first time (ended in a chemical) had 3 mature follicles....took trigger shot at 10pm then IUI was done between about 35-36 hours later.
2nd BFP...injectables...6 mature follicles..BFP....singleton.  Single IUI was given about 35 hours post HCG..told to have intercourse that night too.  My RE said that one IUI around 34-36 hours later is totally sufficient.
Blank
How many used prometrium after your IUI? Also...how many days after your IUI did you start using prometrium as vag/supps?

on my 6th IUI...had 08/03...haven't started using vag/supps as yet. Informed by different RE that meds are not started until a few days after IUI. I started them day after IUI previously. Thanks for all commments.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...