IUI and cramps
Hello ladies...wondering if anyone that has had IUI had cramps...I had it done on Saturday and having some cramping. Not too bad and it is intermittent and its mainly just uncomfortable. Is that a good sign or too early to tell? Ok let me hear of your IUI experiences and 2 ww what was that like.
I had cramps on the same day as my IUI.  
Same for me with the cramping on the day of the procedure... waiting was, as usual, awful, but I tried to be hopeful.  I had 1 successful IUI that ended in miscarriage, 6 unsuccesful IUIs, then used Follistim on me and one last IUI.  We had Kathryn 9 months later.
is iui expensive ??
Hi there!

IUI runs me $300 a try... which is probably the cheapest procedure I have done!

I always have horrid cramps after IUI.  My actual RE is a brilliant guy, but he sucks at the procedure. He has to use forceps on me to hook my cervix and twist it open.   The nurse is much faster/better at it and doesn't have to twist me open, but I still hurt like hell the day of, and I'm a little crampy a few days after.  I even spot some.
I've had 3 IUI's now and each time I cramp the night off and intermittently until AF comes. I think it is very normal.  It's not really a sign of one thing because women who get BFP's have the cramping as do women who've not yet gotten their BFP.  So, it just seems to be the nature of the IUI beast.  I hope this is a successful cycle for you!
i just have iui this morning. i think i don't have terrible cramp, but i'm bleeding a little. Is bleeding after iui normal? or just because i'm dr is suck in doing that. she had me open, then ran away to get the correct needle.
I think it can be normal to spot just a little.  The first time I had it done, my doctor had to use a tenaculum, which is basically a meat hook that twists open your cervix.. *sob*  I didn't just bleed... I had chunks of tissue come out that night!  I know...TMI... but apparently as long as you only spot for a day or two, it's pretty normal.

thank you so much for sharing your story. i feel much better now