Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IUI success rate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

IUI success rate

Hello Ladies I have feeling that it's going to come to IUI for hubby & I to get pregnant, so I was wondering  what the success rate is??  Have any of you heard of a successful pregnancy after 1 IUI??  

As far as I know there are no issues with me but my hubby had a really low sperm count.  We see a urologist at the end of next month (Nov).  

If anyone has any suggestions to help it would be appreciated!

Thanks ladies!

there is about a 25% chance to get pregnant with each attempt.  So yes, it may occur in the first attempt.

I got pregnant on my second IUI, but lost it.  Got pregnant again after the 4th IUI and again lost it.  Am 4 months pregnant now after the 6th IUI, and looks like this one is just fine.

I would say if all is timed right (and assuming hubby does ok) you should be successful within 4 or so tries.

Thanks so much for the reply!
I think they say give it 6 tries for success but it really depends on your age and situation and also hubby's sperm. If he has a low count, it could take longer... but really at the end of the day, it's all a crap shoot.  IUI definitely will increase your chances vs trying naturally tho especially if you're using medication to grow more than 1 follicle.  good luck!
hi!!! well my doct told me usually 4-6 tries.... i just did my 5th IUI this week..  sperm count was 22 million which has been the highest so far... fingers crossed and good luck to u!
Thank you very much Ladies I really appreciate your answers!!
ok, for me and dh we got prego 1st iui- lost it at 10 wks, 2nd iui didnt work, 3rd iui got prgo and lost it at 6 wks, 4th iui didnt work. my re/dr said that ever 1/4 works. we are abouve the curve. one of his nurses got prego on her 4th iui and has a 10 yr old now. I know of several other women that this has worked for. Gl.