Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IVF - Risk of birth defects

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

IVF - Risk of birth defects

Yes - we did 2 frozen.  One Split so we are pregnant with 3.  We are 12 weeks and the DR is worried the identical split because they have chromosomal problems.  One identical is measuring perfect but the other has a swollen neck area.  We have been advised to have the Amnio week 16 - has anyone else had the same problem?  I do no not like DR's telling me we have a 60% chance of Downs - and they simply can't explain why baby C is measuring fine.    
I am praying for you.  Just try to remain calm.  I have known plenty of women who have been told this or that for it only to have been nothing.  I will pray for nothing.  Keep us posted.
I woule not do an amnio
A perinatologist could read a good ultrasound from a class II hospital tech and that will tell you all you need to know
The risk of an amnio is way higher if you have triplets