Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IVF Medication

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

IVF Medication

i was wondering if anybody knew of somewhere i could sell my meds? i have 2 unopened boxes of menapur because the doctor ordered way over the amount that i needed. but these boxes cost me almost $400.00 ea. of course the pharmacy will not take them back, but i would like to get some type of refund for them considering they're untampered and unopened...
I have some left over medication also.  I have a friend of mine in a group called Resolved which is for couples with infertility issues....I will send her an email and let you know what I can find about this.
you can try going back to your doctor and sometimes they will put you in touch with another patient from their clinic who might be interested in buying your meds.  my doctor did this for his patients as long as their clinic is not involved in the transaction.
thank u for answering my question!! i wish the nurse would have ordered just enough to get me by and then i would've ordered them as i go! that makes more sense then just blindly ordering $375 per box medicine that cannot be returned! grr!
i know what you mean.  i've had 4 ivf cycles and they always order more meds than i needed.  i think the reasoning behind that is they don't want you to ran out of meds so they guess (they come up with a range... say 10-15 days worth of meds) and they expect that your body will respond to the meds within this range.  some women respond earlier than other and sometimes your body will respond differently in each cycle as well.  in all of my 4 cycles, sometimes i have 2 menopur vials left before they ask me to stop my meds (as in my ready for retrieval) and then there was a cycle when i have 2 boxes of menopur left.  i think they got better in ordering how much i need since i started ivf treatment since now they know approximately how my body will respond.  again there is a range and unfortunately as a result of this we are left with extra meds.  sorry :(.
Just be careful. It's illegal to sell fertility drugs if you aren't a pharmacist or clinic. I would guess that's why the clinic above wanted nothing to do with the actual transaction. I've been told by numerous people and my RE that many clinics will take the meds to use for those who cannot afford the medication but you can't legally sell them.  I know the frustration. I have over $1000 in meds I didn't use and plan to take them to my clinic since I don't know anyone to give them to. The nurse said they order a typical supply based on your original needs but in my case, they never had to adjust up much so I have a ton left over. Thankfully, my IVF worked but I just haven't given the meds away yet. Kind of hard to part with what I know is worth a LOT.