Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IVF,Size of Follicles & sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

IVF,Size of Follicles & sex

I am currently on injection to stimulate ovulation for IVF proceedure. the eggs or follicles? are said to 7.7mm but grown to 10.5mm within the last two days. I have been given another dose of injection for two days. Can I engage in sexual activity or will it impede on te IVF proceedure?
Avatar dr f tn
Hi there,
There is no definite time of abstinence. Most doctors recommend abstinence for two to three weeks. Uterine contractions associated with orgasm can interfere with the early stages of implantation. Once you are on stimulating injections you can have sex as normal. Sex can be a little uncomfortable in the later stages of ovarian stimulation since the ovaries are swollen. For more queries and assistance do contact your gynecologist. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!