Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IVF Treatment

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

IVF Treatment

How does an acupuncture IVF helps in the treatment?? Is it worth to go thru acupuncture?
Apparently studies have been done on the issue, and doing acupuncture helps the success rates of IVF.  
Hi...
Yeah..thats what I heard too.. i might most probably go thru the acupuncture as well....My first IVF cycle failed and I will be going for the FET after a month and I want this time to be successful and m not taking any chances....

thanks for sharing...
I think one of the ways that it helps is ensuring a good lining by improving the blood flow to the uterus. Definitely worth it if you can afford it. Good luck! :)
I actually did acupuncture on my second IVF.. I'm in the middle of my 2ww right now, testing on 10.04..
The acupuncture not only helped me relax and alleviate all of the stress, I swear it assisted with producing more eggs.. I had a much better response to the meds second time around.  Could also be psychosomatic, but whatever it takes.. right?
The acupuncture actually assists with getting the blood to flow to the ovaries and uterus, which in turn helps with conceiving.
Good luck to everyone..
I had the acupuncture in both of my negatives IVF, and did it because the doctor advice me to do it  and had the acupuncturist right there in his office ( how convinient hum!)

but  in my case it make me feel uncomfortable so It didnt make any difference for me....BUT
try a session and see how you feel about it...

REMEMBER: IVF is not 100% accurate, the doctor will help you with the embryo and the transfer to your uterus...but  after the transfer " the implantation"  is about nature... no one can help you with that... its just nature.  I was advice to eat a lot food with garlic in it ( so i did it)

What i recommend before TTC?
full massages are great and i have 1 hour every week in my PT office. So massages i do recommend.. Just let your PT know about you are TTC because after the ovulation day is not good to have massages in case you are pregnant.

Good Luck!