IVF and cramping
Hey

I just finished my first IVF cycle. Had my transfer 9feb and have had cramps on and off ever since. the last few days it just feel so much like a normal period coming on. I keep reading conflicting stories and some say it is normal and doesn't nessesarily mean you are not pregnant.

Has anyone had that feeling of geting their period for days and then being pregnant after all??

I am 32 and had a light case of endometriosis which was removed 6 months ago. We did 2 IuI's that didn't work and I don't know if I can do another IVF. I think I am going mental.

I don't ahve much experience abouth the IVF but I have read that cramping is very common after IVF.I know it is hard but you need to relax .
I am sure you will be fine as there is good outcome for IVF in mild endometriosis
Lots of baby dust to you
After reading your blog I feel like you and I are experiencing similar situations. I had 3 cycles of Clomid with IUI. Right now, I am in my 1st IVF cycle and I really hope my last.  I had my transfer on Feb. 8.  I have been feeling on and off cramps for the past few days.  I called my RE and the nurse told me that progesterone sometimes causes cramps.  I told her mine felt like I was getting my period and she said that was normal.  If they get to be severe, then I should call back.  Also, I posed the same question in a separate blog on this site and some of the women who responded had also felt similar.  

When is your pg test?
Just wanted to pass on a success story - I too swore that I was getting my period during the 1st part of my transfer because of the cramps.  I ended up w/a BFP & am now 29 weeks pg.  good luck to you!
Thank you 40smama!!  You have given me hope!
hey

Thanks for the answers guys. I feel so much better.

I did a bad thing though which they say not to do. i did a pregnancy test this morning and there was 2 lines but one was very faint but still it was there so I am testing again tomorrow. I know it can show positive because of the drugs but I had to do it. Hopefully this is the one!!!

How is your cramps now. mine were pretty bad this morning and sometimes during the day so I have been checking to see if I got my period but still nothing yet. Just feel so like a normal period. It frustrating but I guess there is not much to do than wait and be positive. My test is on wednesday.

I hope yours go well!!! Let me know how you go.
Just did my second test this morning and there was no second line. 4 days don't seem long but it really is when you have to watch your body's every move.

I also had my transfer on feb. 8th and fri I went in for hormone check up and I was a little upset cuz I had no signs of pregnancy. { I also did a pregnancy test that morning.. negative}
I saw my doctor in passing and he asked how I was doing and he could tell that I was upset, so he said he would call me later.  By the way this is my 2nd IVF, 1st one I m/c, and way , long story short he called and I am pregnant. So don't go by the EPT tests.  Did you feel any cramping a day or so after?  Do you feel like your about to start your period?  Than your probably pregnant..  Good luck
Congratulations. Must feel great as it feels like such a long rollercoaster journey.

I just can't wait to hear those words: you are pregnant.

Had cramping even before they put the egg in and it has gotten worse for every day and now the last 2 days just feel so like a heavy period is on it's way. Did you feel like that?

Yes, I feel like my period is going is about to start and I feel really bloated.  My girlfriend said she had cramping her whole pregnancy. I always thought getting pregnant was the hard part with the IVF, but staying pregnant for the next 12weeks is my next fear.   I m/c with the last one at 6weeks.  Keep me updated, and hope those HCG #'s increase .
Thanks will let you know
So nervous I cannot think of anything else and scared to go to the toilet as it may have arrived. Getting my test tomorrow morning but cramping so badly that I just don't dare believe in a positive outcome.

Hi anetski,
I know exactly what you are feeling.  I felt like i was getting my period too.  Its so very confusing.  Just try and relax....I know that is easier said than done. But try to do things that will distract you so you arent so stressed.  It will be ok.  :)

I am pregnant. I can't believe it. All that cramping and I am still pregnant. So it is true that it is normal and doesn't have to mean you are not.

Good luck!
CONGRATS!!!!!
I had my transfer on the 9th...this is my second IVF.  I miscarried with the last try.  I feel cramps....REALLY tender breasts...they hurt like no other and the pain gets worse by the day! I'm also having flu like symptoms...just weird feelings that I can't explain...everything is disgusting!
I tried a HPT on Friday the 15th that was negative...so I was upset as well.  Then I cramped a bit more yesterday and thought i was getting my period...but the cramps stopped, the breast pain got worse...and I can't stand the smell of anything!!
I'm not going to do another HPT.  My beta hcg is scheduled for Saturday, I'm dreading that appointment, i almost just don't even want to know!  I'm also worried about passing through the first trimester if I do turn out to be pregnant...my husband and I don't plan to tell the family or anyone until i'm at least 4 months along!
I'll keep checking this post to see how everyone is doing.  It really helps to have support during these hard times...
made a huge mistake and took a hpt and results negative.  its been 5 days since my cryo transfer, can i still be pregnant?

I had 2 5 day blastocyst transfered last saturday the 19th and i ad some cramping the first couple of days and then it stopped and i felt kinda bloated the past couple of days and now im cramping again i feel like i am going to get my period is this normal?