Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IVF and headaches

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

IVF and headaches

Can anyone tell me if they have experienced migraine headaches after the IVF, egg transfer process.  We transferred on November 16th.  Today is my day 9th of the transfer.  I am concerned that I am getting my period since I normally get migraine headaches before I start my period.
It could just be from the hormones they have you on. Best of luck!!!

:-)

Yes, I had my tranfer on November 13th and had headaches throughout. It could be the hormones and just the stress of it. Keep in mind that the hormones we are taking can cause side effects.  This is my second round and I definately had more migraine like headaches compared to the first time. Hang in there and let your doc know about the headaches just in case. Good luck and baby dust to you!!!  
Thank you for responding to my post! I got my results and unfortunately, I am not pregnant.  This was our 5th try.  When I got the headache, I already had suspected that I might not be pregnant. The headache happened during the same time that I normally get my period.  It feels very alone.  I appreciate having the opportunity to post here knowing that other people know what it is like to go through this process.  
Oh no...I'm so sorry to hear that. This journey is such an emotional roller-coaster....and sometimes, it seems there are more downs then ups. Take care of yourself, OK?
Yes.  That is true.  It is an emotional roller-coaster.  I will be ok.  Thank you! I hope you have much success in your journey.
When I got pregnant with my son through FET I had migrains through out the entire first trimester.  It is bc of all the hormones that your body is not used to.  Just remember to keep positive thoughts.