Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IVF consult

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

IVF consult

Hi everyone, just joined today and I'm so anxious to ask some questions! Me & my husband have our first IVF consult on October 4th next month. How soon after our consult should we start the IVF?
Hi there.

I think it all depends on where you are in your cycle. With me I started the following month on bcp. After a month of that, I was on the fertility meds. Then I did the retrival and the transfer. It took almost 3 months for me. That's only because I was already in day 5 or 6 of my cycle so it was too soon to start bcp right away. Good luck with everything. I hope your IVF is successful.  :)

darlabubbles (Rasheda)
Thanks for the info. Do I have to start bcp before starting fertility meds? I've been keeping track of my cycles since January 2010 & they've been very regular every 28-29 days. Also, did you get a bfp on your 1st IVF cycle?
i had my 1st consult with the dr today, he told me we will start on CD20 of any cycle i decide to start, they will put me on meds for sometime depending on my response (he told me average 30-40 days) he told me the whol process may take from 1 to 1and half months depending on my body's response to the meds. the IVF / ICSI process it self will take 3-5 days , God helps you with your journey.
I had Endometrioma ovarian cysts and i did lap to remove them on April so all drs recomended IVF, but due to money issues i will consider it on December if God wills
If you have any other question just let me know i will do my best to answer you :)
Baby Dust for you and everyone
Thank you so much mooney608. I have my consult in 12 days! I really hope we get to start soon after that. I hope & pray that you get to start in December. Me & my family will have you in our prayers. Our insurance is paying for 100% of meds & labs and up to $7,500 for the IVF. So, by the Grace of God, we will only be out of pocket a small amount if any. Keep me updated on you. Baby Dust to you and everyone. It's going to be a long journey!!
know what its great to be hopefull and optimistic it really helps a lot, i'll keep you in my prayers too and please keep me updated with what happen with u :) i know its a long jurney but its really worth it and once we get there we will enjoy it a lot and forget all about the rough times , am sure :)

for me last night i saw my OB GYN for the regular monthly check, and unfortunately my cyst is back and is large too (6 cm) i was shocked  he told me that i have to hold for sometime and that i cant have IVF done with the cyst that large so we need to stop any femara or clomid and try BCP this month and check again next month to see how the cyst is doing

I didnt know what to do because according to my RE its ok to try with femara even while having the cyst i was totally confused ,but i decided to go on with the femara this month as i already started so i cant stop in the middle so hopefully the cyst will not worsen and if nothing happen this month so i will be back to my OB GYN plan next month please pray for me it was a shock last night

GOD please be with me in this
Good Luck with your IVF.  I think you can start once you have all tests done.
You have to do major blood work (you & hubby) HSG (dye test for tubes)  This test is not fun.
A water sono.   Hubby needs to do sperm test.  I may have forgotten something...but hang in there when this is all done, I am sure you are good to go.
Yes, I did get a BFP on my first IVF. I got preggers with twins. Unfortunately it was a miscarriage. Did some genetic testing and found out that I was fine. My hubby is fine too. So it was just a fluke that it happened again to me (that was my second miscarriage, the first was from an iui in 2008). I decided to do FET after a long talk with both my doc and my husband. I wanted to make sure that this was the right way to go. My doctor is sure that I will get pregnant. I'm hoping that this is the cycle that it happens on.

I was on bcps to regulate my cycle. He wanted to totally take over the cycle so he can plan everything out. I actually have regular cycles but the bcp helps to keep my hormones even. Acutally the pills was the easiest thing to do as far as all the meds I had to take. You're lucky your insurance is as good as it is. I had to pay for 50% of my medicine and 100% of the IVF.