IVF injections
Has anyone used Lupron to suppress their ovaries before their ovary stimulation?? I am on injection #7 and the doctor was hoping I would of gotten my period by now, so I can start the stimulation injections. We are currently set up for a 8-20 egg retrieval and 8-25 embryo transfer.
I took Lupron to get ready for a donor cycle.  I honestly forgot how it worked - is there a med the doctor could give you to bring on your period?
Yeah, that is actually what the Lupron is to do. I sort of feel like I will get my period, but it could also just be in my head. We are like 12 days away from our 1st attempt at IVF with ICSI and I am at the point were I am so excited and so nervous at the same time!! I do not want anything to go wrong!!
Thanks for getting back to me though
Nicole
I started lupron at the end of my birth control month and I got my period right after I stopped the pill.  It was a very light AF though, more like spotting but my RE said it was as expected.
Good luck to you!
I took Lupron as well & like Helen, got AF a few days after my last birth control pill.  Then continued the Lupron til the day before my trigger.  We also did ICSI :)  Good luck to you!!!
I actually did the birth control pills and lupron on my IVF cycle, but never got AF.  My RE did bloodwork to confirm that my ovaries were indeed suppressed so that I could start my stims.  Best of luck!
I was on Lupron and was also using my stimulation medicine but the cycle was cancelled a few days before retrieval because I ovulated which is something they didn't want to happen.  They took me off Lupron and used Cetrotide and the retrieval was successful.
I have taken lupron and sometimes had period and sometimes not
it was not given to me to start my perdiod
it was to suprresss my system for FET
You're about 1 week behind me.  I just finish my 14 days of Lupron and 4 days of stims., I had U/S this morning I only have very small 6 follicles.  RE increases my dose from 6 vial(bravells+menopur) to 8 vials.  We hope to have more follicles on next wed. U/S.  This is my 4th IVF, the previous ones I used to have more than 10 follicles with same dose of medicine.  I'm so sad......and don't know why I don't response to the medicine this cycle.  Good luck to us.