Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IVF questions/post transfer/ open IVF forum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I had embryo transfer on Sat. AM...and now I have been cramping since then...is this typical??? Please tell me about your experiences!!!!  I hate the TWW!!!  I want to know now!!!  AND I keep sneezing hard!!!  is this affecting my implantation????  (I know it is a dumb question!!)  Thank you all for eazing my mind!!!
Good luck to all of you!!! Jacquie
I'm not going to be much help-but from what I've read with other women who have gone through IVF they say the cramping is common.
I know I'd be freaking out if I kept sneezing but I think you'll be fine.  The little guy will implant.  Hang in there and try and relax.  Sticky Sticky baby dust to you!
Thank you so much for your post.... I keep surfing the net and I am driving myself crrazy!!!!  I probably should be resting and not sitting slouched at the computer....  again, thank you!!!
Yes, the cramping is common.  I did my second transfer on 10/9 and was scared b/c it felt like I was going to get my period.  My Dr. said it is common.  I know it is so hard to wait but don't stress.  I left for Florida to visit my sister for 5 days 3 days after my transfer!!!  I laid on the beach, swam in the ocean and completely relaxed.  I am now 9wks pregnant.  Good luck - I hope you get a BFP!!!

PS  I doubt that sneezing will affect your embryo.  Call your IVF nurse - she'll reassure you...
Thank you sooooo much for your input!!!  That is exactly what I need...to go to FL and go to the beach!!!! That sounds soooo relaxing!!!!  I think I am going to keep shopping online!!! maybe that will help!!!  Good Luck to you!! Sticky baby dust!!! Jacquie
try this wesite you may have to fish around.  I found some info on injections there.

http://www3.fertilethoughts.com/forums/archive/index.php/

you may have already found it if you're checking the net.  This site gave me some comfort.  

Thanks smunchkin2.....  I am very hopeful to hear all the success stories of IVF....we have been waiting for a long time.... ( I am sure other people have been waiting longer than us...)  I wish i could find out now, but I am trying to keep myself busy and now that I am on Thanksgiving vacation with family in town, this may help!!!  I still like the idea of relaxing on the beach, and of course NOT in a BIKINI!!!!  I have been cramping on-off for the past couple of days....some more like AF cramps....although I am only 3dpt....congratulations with your success with IVF and keep us posted on your journey!!!!  Take care!!! Jacquie
Haileya:  thanks for the website... I am checking that out as soon as I post this....thanks for your help!!!! It keeps me sane!!!

jen KE:  thanks for the words of encouragement... I have seen you
posting and I have been wondering how you are doing.... I haven't been on in the past couple of weeks due to IVF "stuff"....
We are such worriers!!!!!  

Again, thanks girls and good luck to you both!!!!
Jacquie
hi there!  i've been thru ivf 4 times (1 time 2 years agao w/my dd) and now i'm 8 weeks preggo with number 2!!! woohoooooo!!  the tww is the absolute worst w/ivf b/c it's such an extensive process and then to have to wait.... ugh, it stinks, i know!!!  i experienced some light cramping too.  i'm sure you're on progesterone shots now right?  if yes, that is a major side effect of progesterone so try not too worry.  i felt like i was getting a cold but never did when i was in the tww and got preggo and i had a gassy/upset (not nausea) stomach right away.  other than that, no real symptons.  it's tough but hang in there.  best of luck!  keep us posted.
I'm so excited for you that you went ahead with IVF!! I don't much about it, but I wish you the best of luck!  I'll be thinking about you.  Don't worry about sneezing and doing other things like that.  You sound like me, though.  I would worry (needlessly, I'm sure) about the same things!!!  GOOD LUCK!!!
My transfer was done 7 days ago.  I did a home pregnancy test on Friday, which was only 5 days after tranfer.  It was negative.  Do you think it could be wrong?  I still haven't gotten my period.  It's so hard to wait until the blood test on Friday.
Chris
I had embryo transfer on Feb 5th and wait...I'm testing on Saturday.I had 4 transferred.Guess this is sort of too many...It was the clinic's initiative anyway. Good luck to us all!