Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IVF using donor eggs. Any success stories?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I am 45 and just finished first IVF which failed. We are going to try again in August with donor eggs. I heard from someone on the fertility forum that AnnieBrookes has a success story about this. Can you share it with me? Could really use some uplifting facts from someone who has done this. Thanks, Debra
I pointed Debra over here hoping you could help her. :)
u can have your own baby with ur own eggs!!! I know that they can do a pre implant chromosome tests and if everything is fine u can be implanted with ur own eggs fertilized with ur husband's sperms.

I did have an IVF and Im now pregnant but I used my own eggs.

Good luck to u
I'm glad to hear some women can do later IVFs with pre-implantation testing.  This wasn't available to us for reasons that don't apply here.  

We looked at the donor agency's list of donors (the agency was recommended by the fertility clinic) and chose a young woman who was from my same background in terms of the countries my great-grandparents had emigrated from, so we looked enough alike that the baby would look enough like me to plausibly be mine genetically.  (I wasn't planning to hide the fact from family, but didn't feel like I should have to explain to the stranger in line at the post office why my child who I carried didn't look like me.)  The sad thing about getting a donor egg is that occasionally you regret the loss of the genetic link to yourself.  The good thing is everything else!  The donor is healthy, tall, lovely and young (age 25) and so I didn't have to have an amnio, and I didn't have to worry that Grandpa's deafness or my mom's macular degeneration was going to pop up in the baby.  My pregnancy had its challenges, but was overall easy too -- I had a "vanished twin," which comes about rather commonly when an IVF clinic puts in two embryos...the doc warned me about it before I ever had one test or procedure.  And at the end I had some nervous doctors who monitored me and monitored me and kept me at the hospital for more tests all through the most inconvenient time of the year (Christmas season), but except for these issues the pregnancy itself was easy and uneventful.  I felt great, didn't gain much weight, and didn't have morning sickness.  (Too bad that can't be guaranteed with all IVF, LOL!!!)  The baby that came out of this is my husband's biological son and my son by all counts except genetic.  I nurse him; he has already picked up some of my behaviors and mannerisms.  People say things like "you two sure make lovely babies!"  

Technical stuff -- they got I think 14 eggs from the donor, nine fertilized, they held them and watched them for 5 days and by then we had five embryos.  They put two in and froze three.  The odds are better for the fresh ones, but we'll probably try with one of the frozen ones later for a sibling for our son.

Let me know what else you'd like to know.

Annie
Thanks for the note.  Is it fun over on the fertility forum?  I didn't even know they had one until about two weeks ago.
You said you had IVF and got pregnant with your eggs. Just curious how old are you? Everything I read says women over 40 only have a 3% chance of pregnancy natural or IVF. With what it cost we can only afford to do this one more time. Our insurance does not cover fertility tx. I'm so confused. Would love to try again with mine but afraid of failure again. Although my RE said he was very surprised at my response.  He said some of his pts. in their mid 20's didn't respond as well as I did. He said actually with my response,  I would not be in that 3%. HELP!!!!! What should I do??????? Debra
It's a really different dynamic on the fertility/infertility forum. Since most the women have been TTC for a while, there are very few "am I pg" type questions, or Q's that require the crystal ball. ; ) Less bickering over there, but it could be because there are fewer people posting.
Thanks for your happy ending story. My husband and I want a child so badly and feel time is running out. If we had the time and money we would try again with my eggs, but thats not the case. He is having a harder time than I am with the idea of a donor. Which I find odd because he is adopted. How was your husband with it? I think he feels it is leaving me out in some way. I told him that once we are pregnant that child would be OUR child in every sense. We have chosen a donor who everyone at our RE office says looks alot like myself. August can't come soon enough. Anxious to be a mom. Thanks again for your wonderful story.  Debra
Maybe it's because he is adopted that he wants that biological connection all the way including to you so you will never miss it (the way he did).  My husband every now and then will crow about how much the baby looks like him, kind of dumb to do in front of me if he were to think about it, but it isn't much of a problem; I'm just glad he's so into the baby!!!  He's really really delighted about it.  
I am absolutley going crazy waiting for the results from my embryo transfer
which happened on 6/26/2007.  We used a 28 year old donor that produced 25 eggs, 17 fertilized, we had 3 transferred and have 3 frozen.  Sure seems like we lost alot of embryos after fertilization which makes me scared about the number of chances we have if this dosnt work. I am 43 and have been undergoing infertility treatment for three years.  This is the first time that I have tried with a donor.  Pls cross everything that you have...fingers, toes and eyeballs so that I have good luck.  We can swing one more round with the frozens if this dosnt work but my best chances are now.  My Pregnancy test is on July 9th.  I just cant wait that long!!!
Wow! Your donor produced a lot of eggs. Hope mine does as well. How did things turn out? I hope you got a positive on your test. Let me know:):) Debra
Hi, my name is Mary.  I am 46 years old.  My husband and I have been trying for a miracle baby for about 4 years now.  We have tried 3 I.U.I's, and 2 I.V.F.'s with no luck.  My doctor also told me that all of my "numbers" were good.  I was told that they were those of someone ten years younger and I had excellent chances with both I.V.F,s.  I wonder, do most doctors want us to get our hopes high so that maybe it would trigger something in out brains to tell it to give us a baby?  It's not right for doctors to do that.  Nonetheless,  my husband and I have gone to a different clinic and were told that because of my age I would probably never get pregnant on my own and if I did the baby might be born with down syndrom (syndrome).  We were advised to go with donor eggs.  My husband and I are considering. It is quite expensive and we've already used up all of our finds with the previous unsuccessful treatments but we are willing to go into debt for one more try.  I truly hope that God has a helping hand in it this time around. It's really not fun being infertile. Not fun at all. One suggestion I can make to all you woman that are trying to get pregnant is to make sure you Detox for at least 3 months before trying any procedure.  I have done tons of research to better my success rate and that is the bottom line.  When your system is clean, everything else in your body works much better. I wish for you all to finally have your Miracle Baby as I know the true pain of it all will all be worth it in the end of a successful pregnancy. Good Luck To You All
HELP!!! I have recently decided to do a surrogacy for a friend of mine which will mean i have to have IVF with a donor egg!! I was wondering if those of you who have had donor transfers can tell me what I will have to go through before the procedure, as far as hormone shots and other stuff??  
                                                                      Thanks sara

Did you end up going with a donor. I was 44 when I decide to go with a donor. We only ended up getting one good egg  which ended up in our little baby girl. I had one shot at it and it worked. I am now 46 yrs. we went with a another donor because we had no frozen eggs. I am 6 days after ivf Iam hoping that I will get a postive. Please let me know what you decided. Because of my age my eggs were not good that is why we wnet with a donor.
I produced 35 eggies with 20 embros with my first donor cycle. The couple has their baby in November! I got preggy after my first cycle..had my son in Jan 08' and am about to cycle for a couple on IVF#3. I am their first 'proven' donor so I hope all works out!!!!
I find myself stressing though..if there is no positive outcome I am going to freak out! Especially after having my son I am soso nervous for them.
I just wanted to give you ladies the' other side' of donation from a donor's view.
Best of luck to you ladies!

-Suzi
I wish you luck in your decision.  I'm 43 years old and 9 weeks pregnant with donor egg.  I had two failed IVF cycles (converted to IUI when I didn't produce enough eggs) and actually got pregnant with the first IUI, but miscarried because the embryo stopped developing.  I had to have a D&C after that, but surprisingly got pregnant naturally the very next month, but again, it didn't develop.  It was those two undeveloping embryos that convinced me that my eggs had deteriorated too much and to consider egg donor.  Not that it was aneasy decision - there is definite truth to the thought that you mourn the loss of your genetic child.  But once we found the right donor, I was able to get excited again.  And I've done lots of reading and especially liked the article that talked about how the bonding begins while the child is in the womb.  They've done studies that show the baby's heart rate picks up when it hears it's mother's voice!  And you are the one who sacrifices while pregnant and does everything possible to ensure the best environment for your baby. Just because the baby can't be genetically mine, doesn't mean that I don't still feel lucky to be getting a baby that's half my husband.  There is a reason I married him, after all!  By the way, I didn't get pregnant with my first donor embryo transfer, but did on the frozen transfer....I wish you happiness and luck.
And to you, wonderful egg donor!  Thank you from those of us who have gone this route.  Your selflessness is amazing and it is SUCH a gift. I don't know my donor but will appreciate her always.
You all have been a great inspiration!!! Two years ago I got pregnant through IUI (first try).  I miscarried at 6 weeks.  We tried it again for 3 more times, with no luck.  I decided to take a mental health break for a couple of years.  At 41, I am really ready to be a mother.  I've been wrestling with fostering a child, adopting or trying IVF with donor egg.  The bottom line is that I want to experience that bond between a mother and her baby while in the womb.  I want to experience the big belly and all the wonderful things that go along with being pregnant.  I realize that I have used my two dogs as a substitude for children.  I am so glad that I found this forum because I can talk about infertily to people who have gone and who are going through it.  It is great to read about the success stories because it gives hope to others.  Thanks again and keep up the post.  Lots of love and blessings to all of you out there.
i am 44 yo, tried iui, just complete my first cycle of ivf using donor egg,  my donor produced 16 eggs all mature, dh was able to fertilize all, transfer 2 and have 12 frozen.  my e2 and progestrone levels are good but hcg (beta) less than 1 that was 5-2 but my RE wants me to continue the meds until monday and have a 2nd beta test.  it has been so hard to do the injections knowing that come monday beta will most likely be neg still. 14 day post transfer today.   my question was if anyone has had sucess with frozen transfer.  i am so happy to here that chrystal has.
It is mother's day and I am undergoing my first DE cycle.  I am 44 and DH 42, TTC 1 year.  We got pg Aug '07 and failed to develop, so D&C in Oct.  Picked first donor, but she was rejected in spring.  Chose another donor (who we prefer) --retrieval was yesterday--35 eggs and 33 fertilized!  Transfer on Thursday!  I am mourning the genetic loss, as happy as I am.  I would be very interested in any articles that deal mothering a DE.
First, Suzi.  Thank you for being a donor!   I will use donor eggs this May and we are so excited!  You and other women like you are making an incredible dream come true for so many couples.  We will never meet our donor but I wish I could at least once to tell her how thankful I am.  

AB - I really liked your calm story of being a donor recipient.  It is so easy to get so nervous ( I know!).   Stories like your own do wonders for women like me who are going through this process!  Thank you!
Hi everyone,

I'm new on here. I was 39 when I met my husband and we both knew right away that we wanted kids and that age was going to possibly be a factor. We tried 3 IUI's, one worked but ended in m/c at 7 weeks. We tried 3 more IUI's and one IVF without success. All this lasted over 2 years. I had no other issues than age and I would stimulate really well. When we did my IVF, we had 6 blasts by day 5 and they put all of them in but none took. That's when I accepted the fact that even though you can have lots of eggs, the chance of one of them being good at now 41 years old were very slim. Even if one implanted I was told the take home rate was about 5%. So, we went the adoption route and went through all the red tape, put our profile in with some domestic agencies and waited. Nothing happened while we watched everyone around us getting pregnant (including my sister in law who was 41). I was happy for her but sad for my hubby and I. We had considered a year prior doing a donor egg and I think not having any luck with the adoption route and my sis-in-law getting pregnant, we decided to look at the donor egg route again. The entire process from the time we chose our donor to the time we went to Mexico through a company called Elite IVF was only a few months. They took care of everything for us and made it as stress free as possible. With all that said, we have been successful and I am about 6 weeks pregnant. Early days yet but our first ultrasound in on May 21 to look for the heartbeat. I also have a friends friend who got pregnant with twins using the same company. They havea  great success rate and because it's not in North America it's less expensive. It was an evolutionary journey for me to move from wanting my own genetic child to the point where I realized I would love a non-biological child just as much but I'm so glad I was able to emotionally get to this point. I pray that all will go well and wish you all luck on your journeys.
Hi -- I had chemotherapy at age 22 for Hodgkins, entered into the perimenopausal phase at about age 27, married at 33, and was in full blown menopause when we tried our 4th IVF with donor eggs in March of 2010. I am 6 months pregnant with twins.  However, the three previous IVF rounds and one "mock" cycle taught me that the hormonal crash at the end of a IVF cycle can be SEVERE.  On my last unsuccessful round, I was so incapacitated with what was clearly a chemical imbalance, that I could not function and was hearing voices.  I am DESPERATE to find any advise that I can from menopausal women who have become pregnant and delivered via egg donation.  My OB is having trouble just assuming that I will have postpartum depression, however I am certain after my previous experiences that this will be even worse than what I experienced after IVF.   If anyone is out there with similar experience, please advise.  Thank you!
I believe that a mother is a mother even if the baby is born via donated embryos.  The mother is nurturing the baby during the whole pregnancy.
You are very lucky to get 33 fertilized. I just did 1st round with DE, we got 4 follicles, 2 follicles dissapeared on E/C, 2 eggs collected, 1 didn't fertilize, we ended up with 1 embryo egg 3 cells. RE decidd to do transfer on day 3 with this 3 cells embryo. I am now on day 6 post transfer. Don't feel anything. Chance is low but want to keep the hopes up.

ME : 41
DH : 50 ( vasectomy)

7 D/C due to unwanted pregnant. How ironic!!!
4 failed IVF. Poor responder, Poor Quality, Thin Lining.
Hello. I am encouraged by your story. I am 43 and tried IVF went straight with donor egg. They transferred one(1) 5 day blastocyst and I did not get pregnant. I was divastated. We are going to try it again hopefully next month with frozen embryos. My biggest fear is what if it does not happen again and I have to through all the pain, dissapointments. It's too depressing:( Any advise will be greatly appreciated. Have a blessed day.
Your story is mine exactly.  I am 45, used donor eggs, from 25 year old, and was so excited.  My embryo transfer did not work, but I felt the whole time that I had to be pregnant.  I had a few cramps.  We have 3 left, frozen, and I am freaking out.  All that money spent on the donor eggs, had 26 fertilized and only 3 frozen.  Wow, that was confusing.  Anyway, I am thinking about using a surrogate because I am afraid to waste these embryos on my 45 year old body.  I really want to have a child myself, but I am scared to death that I will lose the ones that are left.  The shots were hard for my husband, but he did it.  I am going to pray for you every day.  Please keep me in your prayers.  We can pull for each other.  This is my only dream in life, and I want your dream and mine to come true!!! My name is Patty, so we will think of each other and bring each other good things in the future.  
we are trying very hard to be parents..my husband failed to give sperm on two seperate occasions in a clinic in prague the eggs died  so it cost us 15.000 euro . now my husband had his sperm frozen and then we sought a donor.she produced  7 eggs.. only 3 surived to be implanted after fetilisation .the pregnancy test was negative..heartbreak..The clinic in prague now has another donor and we are awaiting to be called..
we so badly want a chid  and are both in our late 40s... its also gettting to be very expensive..any advice would be appreciated..
My husband and I just had our transfer on 11/04/2011.  He just turned 50 and I am 48.  We used donor eggs and were blessed with success on our first try.  The Hcg levels are high and we have been told it may be twins, we won't know for sure if it is one or two until 10/30/2011.  We are lucky enough to have been able to freeze three remaining eggs for another go if we decide to later on.
I know first hand how stressful this whole process is especially if you are older,  It is possible and it does work.
Good luck and my god be with you
My husband and I tryed 6 IVF and finally we were told that my eggs are too old. So we went for the donor eggs. We had 6 great embryos and we put 3 of them, but last Tuesday, we find out that pregnancy was negative.
We will try the 3 others, but I'm so afraid of the result since we know this
Will be our last chance financially and emotionally. I'm 43 and my husband is
48. We really wanted become parents... I just wanted to share with those who went thru the same experiences. Because people simply don't know what kind of pain we all go thru with this.
My husband and I have tried 5 years of IUI, 6 IVF and finally switched to donor eggs. We had 10 great embryos and we put 2 of them in (had to beg for 2 because they only wanted to do 1 at a time).  We have 5 left (lost one in thaw). Both cycles with donor ended in blighted ovums.  Doctor never tested hubby's sperm and I was always blamed because of eggs and age (now 44)  Now after 7 miscarriages, we are feeling helpless (and broke).  I'm so afraid that the remaining 5 will end the same.  Not sure what to do next if donor does not work.
Can I ask how old you are?
Hi I know a very good clinic in Athens,Greece and I am sure one can get a success there the doctors name is Penny and the clinic name is Serum...right now am on treatment with them with Donor egg cycle..I think you should change your clininc dear. wish you all the luck for you to get pregnant.
hi
i am 38 ,  going for ivf with donor eggs... i wish i get preg on the first go, with twins.... i am going to cyprus for IVF . they do not give us a pic of donor but i am just hoping for a good donor.
i have had 3 kids with my husband eldest is 17 and second and third daughters departed us due to genetic disorders..
:( sad mom ... i desperatly want a baby as i had my eldest when i was 19 only . also i dont care if my babies wont have my gene . it is scary but i try to not thinnk about it .
It sounds exensive not going local.. I imagine you have to fly there too, is that the case?
My husband and I tried a year with IUI and no success.  At 40 we started the donor process.  We found the perfect donor, with many of my physical characteristics.  Round one she didn't produce enough folicles to continue and round two she unintentionally mixed up the medications three days prior to retrieval and lost all the eggs.  We are now deciding if we should stick with the same donor or go with a new one.  This has been an emotional ride to say the least.  I hope that both our prayers will be answered this new year.
I know it has been sometime since you have posted this.  However; my husband and I are meeting with our doctor to deside if donor egg IVF is for us.  Did yours turn out positive?  I am looking forward to your response.
Hi there, I am just reading this now and wondering how everything turned out for you. I'm almost 44, in perimenapause since 2006 from chemo (non-Hodgkins). We have a beautiful 6 yr old boy in which he was 2 mths old when I was dx. After I was 2 yrs clean, we tried for a couple of yrs to get pregnant, but with no luck. I was told my eggs were damaged and not strong enough especially since I was almost 40. We didn't do anything for a while.

Now I'm rethinking the situation and starting to research donor eggs, even though I was not interested in that a few years ago. I'm super nervous about the drugs, hormones and the effect it'll have on me especially since I'm in perimena. Any insight or advice would be extremely helpful.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
ap
hi .my name is sadz,i have question for u .i m planning for donor egg IVF .how much time it take for procedure and how much many time they need me there.and how much vacation i need to take for procedure.
this is my first time and planning to have IVF in INDIA.
hope u understand my  worries and intention leaving canada for such a risky dicisions  ...
hope to get ur reply soon.
Sadz
Just wanted to share:

I was a donor about 11 years ago. I produced approximately 24 eggs. It was anonymous so I don't know how many were viable or if they had a child using them. They were a very, very kind couple and gave me a framed photograph that the husband took while on vacation. I sincerely hope they were able to have a child. Now that I'm 34 and wanting children of my own, I keep wondering about what happened to their situation. I wish them the best. And I wish all of you who are hoping to conceive the best outcome!

Bless you for that, michi.  There must be a super special place in heaven for egg donors, they give so much joy that impacts another family for life.  I think of our donor with profound thanks, and with awe that she was able to do something so selfless.

If you would like to find out the outcome of your donation, contact the donor agency you went through.  I believe they are obliged to keep excellent very long-term records, and it might be possible to get some information.  Even if the other couple had said they wanted no contact, it might be possible to learn if there had been a baby born from your eggs.  (Not that every agency has 100% guaranteed accuracy -- our donor was told by the agency that our IVF with her eggs failed, which was wrong.)  But you might be able to get your curiosity satisfied.
hi ,  i am zeina  married yrs ago  did  made 6 cycle ivf all is failed  get miscarriage natural pregnancy 8 times  2 tubes are closed  , i  am 42  and i dnt know if should  try again or stop or use donor or stop , i am so confused  my doc did call saying i will be under new protocol luveris and gonal f , any have under this protocol ? can any answer plz should continue trying or  btr to stop  gd luck for u all we deserve to be a mom .... zena
Hello, I am going to be turning 40 and doctors have said that due to my age, I am not able to have another child.  I have one 2 year old conceived naturally.  It is very frustrating!
I am debating between going the IVF with donor eggs route, the adoption route or the foster care to adoption route.  But they all have their plus sides and minuses.
I was leaning towards the IVF, but due to finances only have one shot at this.  I read that the IVF with donor eggs has over a 50% success rate, but of those who get pregnant, there is a 15-20% chance of miscarriage.  That is a very discouraging statistic.
Any insight to helping my husband and I make this decision would be appreciated!
Hi Cindy,

I tried three cycles from 41 - 42 to get pregnant, with little Response due to age. There is some thought that low stimulation ivf is better for older eggs and protocols that use dhea. you may wish to look them up. I don't know if this is true but it is quality over quantity.

I have no idea where you are but there is a clinical trial at new hope in NYC. See the link. Maybe worth a shot.

http://www.newhopefertility.com/research_and_press/clinical_trial_program/
Oops pressed submit too early. You can get a amh test which will check your ovarian reserve. This may save you lots of disappointment if it comes out poorly, so you know to try a donor.

We are about to do a donor egg cycle which we will pay for in full. Estimated costs around $24k. It is expensive and as we are coming from Australia scary. You can undergo shared cycles where you share a donor with one or two woman reducing the cost. This also limits options with the eggs.

Some forums have donors who will donate their eggs for free in return for either sperm, surrogacy or egg sharing we found our donor through this method.we tried opts but there r others I think great eggs. Just do a search. You can also try Mexico or Argentina where it is not so expensive. There are also clinic that will offer subsidised donor cycles if you fall into specific categories.

My advice search, search, search. I wish you well.  If you want further info, post back and I will see if I Can answer.
I also used a donor. She gave us 18 eggs, 3 didn't survive, 2 implanted in me, and 13 frozen. I had twins in 2011 at 46 years old. My OB advised us to wait 16-18 months. I just turned 48 and my twins are 15 months and we are going to try again. I wil begin my journey in January 2013.

I agree with you that you can't and shouldn't give up. If you want kids, keep trying and keep searching. Thankfully I have insurance to pay for the IVF. Without it, I'd never be a Mom. Good Luck.
Hello Ladies   my name is jennifer. my husband and i have gone through the fertility clinic for about 6 months now. I was 39 1/2 when we did our first ivf using my own eggs. it didn't work because my eggs was in poor quality. I only have 2 embryos and when they put it back in me, it didn't take. 3 months later, we decided to try the iui, that didn't work either. after a long sleepless night, we decided to used donor eggs. We got 7 eggs from donor, but only six were mature, after they were fertilize, only 3 made it. they put two in me in hope of pregnancy. we have one frozen in case this won't take.  Again - didn't work! after crying for 3 weeks, we now wonder if we want to try another ivf using the one frozen embryo. We are out of money and in serious debts! we want a baby really bad but would like to go to a different clinic.  We would like to try another clinic maybe have better luck. could you please post the clin that you went to.
Hi, maddie1. I have a similar story. I am 42. I have had 3 pregnancies with IVF and my own eggs (and donor sperm, too) but all 3 ended in m/c because my eggs probably weren't chromosomally sound. I have now switched to donor eggs. The way I think of it, my uterus is in good shape. (After all, I CAN get pregnant!) It's just that my eggs suck. I am in the 2WW with my first donor cycle.
I am 46 and just did my first cycle with donor eggs. We had 6 only 4 fertilized. Out of the 4 we had one that was a 2bb the other was a  2 those were implanted. The two that were left we aren't sure what happened. One was only 10 cells so they said it would be destroyed the other they were watching. I go May 6th for a pregnancy test We have spent a total of over $30,000 this is our only shot
I hope I am as lucky. My husband and I are using donor eggs and have had two implanted. I go May 6th for my pregnancy test. This is our one shot.
My nurse called me with good news The embryos took. My numbers were 131. I went today for day 11 bloodwork and my numbers were 521. I go May 29th for an ultrasound. We are so excited
hello everyone, I am new to this site. I just had a failed ivf cycle with donor eggs, I lost all three grade AA blastocyst. I took several HPT and they all turned out negative so I decided to go two days earlier than my Beta set date and found out my beta is 2.7.........way too low.....I had two failed ivf cycles where my eggs did not fertilize. It was so hard going for a donor in the first place and after accepting it ....it does not work, I am devastated and cant stop crying. did anyone fail a DE cycle before?
Hello all, I just joined this site. I would like to know if anyone here can recommend a reputable agency for egg donor. I am 42 and I do not want to lose one more second of my dream to having a child. I ve had PCOS and High FSH. I want so badly to use my own eggs but at this point I just want my child to be healthy and we have decided egg donor would be best experience. I am currently in the NY/Philadelphia area but my husband and I are willing to travel to any fertility specialist and facility to receive the best success rate. Also, can anyone recommend a good RE? Thank you for any input asap. It is greatly appreciated.
Just saw your post.  I just came back from North Cyprus IVF.  I used an egg donor and put two embryos in.  I tested pregnant and had a really high hgc but unfortunately miscarried at 6 weeks.  my girlfriend also successfully used this clinic last year and put in 3 eggs and had triplets!  I'm currently 46 and she was 47 when she became pregnant. 1 of the children is hers and two were donors.  Any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.  I'm going back in January to have another go.  I'm coming from Australia..  Well worth the trip.  Cheers, Meg.
I'm one of woman who got married in late 40s and experienced the difficult of getting pregnant. Due to the foresight of my then gynaecologist, he left my ovaries intact. The opportunities to use IVF and surrogacy were limited, but not impossible. It was an extremely difficult time in my life as I learn to live with the fact that I would never know what it was to be a Mother or to feel the life of a child growing within me. Sad!

In my 44th year someone very dear to me gave me the opportunity to once again, pursue my elusive dream of becoming a Mother. The doctors and specialists would laugh at the prospect that a woman of 44 would want to have a child.

After trying several treatment at IVF medicos in Australia over and over, the doctor explained that I should stop advancing any further. The Ethics Committee, in all their wisdom deemed that 41 was the cut off age for woman undertaking IVF in New South Wales, Australia. Our offer to pay for the procedure in full, so as not to waste the governments money fell on deaf ears and was readily refused.

Then, we turned our attention to overseas possibilities; finally deciding on Bangkok, Thailand. First I dont know where to begin and finally i found Dr. Wiwat Quangkananurug, one of the most famous fertility specialist in Thailand. I used GIVF Center (www.givfcenter.com) as the agent to co-ordinate, consult and prepare many things. After my first meeting with Dr. Wiwat. He explained honesty that due to my age, the eggs produced might not be of good quality and so I undertook my first round of IVF, resulting in three healthy eggs. These were then fertilized and transferred to my chosen gestational surrogate.

The result of my first round IVF was negative. But Dr. Wiwat didn't give up, he was so supportive, kind and patient with me. My husband & me were decided to go for another round. This time we decided to use an Thai egg donor; a woman of a much younger age than I and someone who produced many healthy eggs.

When the procedure began and Dr. Wiwat kept me informed every step of the way, until that day when I received the most best news in my life. I'm pregnant!! My surrogate was two weeks pregnant, with another blood test scheduled for one weeks time to monitor her progress. I felt for my baby was immediate and overwhelming. From day one of conception Ive affectionately called my baby, Ekky. Both the surrogate mum and my baby Ekky are doing fine. I see by the numerous ultrasounds that I receive. That was the most wonderful experience!

I'd like to share my story and guide the way for the family who is longing to achieve this wonderful dream. If you considerate to travel aboard for IVF procedure. I recommend you to do it at Bangkok, treatment cost, travel expense and cost of living there are cheap. Dr.Wiwat is one of the kind, you can check the agency i used "GIVF Center : www.givfcenter.com". Their team is so helpful and supportive.

For the one who is searching for egg donor. Check it out this website www.thailandeggdonor.com. Thai egg donor is pretty good for my case and the price is much lower than in New South Wales.  

For the one who like to ask, talk or anything. Feel free to contact me. I'm willing to try my best to reply everyone's mail.

Prim
So happy I read your post. I am 50 and have been trying for many years to get pregnant . What clinic did you go to for your IVF?
Hello Rose830.  I'm new to this forum.  I'm not sure how far you're willing to travel, but my hubby and I flew to Spain from Germany.  Our clinic, Procreatec in Madrid were able to provide us with a perfect match within weeks and they have been extremely helpful.  We're on day 8 from a 3d.  We're scheduled for our pregnancy next week, which put a lot of stress on me and I know I have to relax.  The whole procedure, not including meds, costs us 6200 Euros.  I have no complaints about this facility.  If this pregnancy isn't successful, which I'm praying it will be, we'll try it one more time.  Good luck to you.

Hi, I have just read your post about Donor egg transfer..I am 8 days past transfer of a donor egg also from Madrid. We flew from Ireland and this is my second donor transfer. The first time it didn't work.

I am 45 and have had 4 fresh cycles of my own eggs and 3 frozen transfers, i got pregnant twice but miscarried both times at 7 weeks. i wish i knew about donor eggs earlier as so far we have spent €40k and i'm hoping with all my hart this tyime will be our time.

Good Luck to all!
"Some forums have donors who will donate their eggs for free in return for either sperm, surrogacy or egg sharing we found our donor through this method"
Can you please specify these forums?