Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
IVF

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

IVF

Hello I just experienced my first IVF cycle and waiting to go in for my preg test on Sunday.Im also due for my period on the same day. I have some period like cramping and some discharge. Is this normal? I took a HPT 2days after my transfer....Crazy just so eager but it was negative. Should I feel anything or is it just the waiting game. The cramping is slightly different from my usual cramping in that it seems 4 days after transfer it has started and is always there. My period cramping with come and go. Am i just imagine this? Has anyone experienced this?
Tags: IVF
Hi, cramping after an IVF cycle is normal and it was way too early for a HPT. How many days post transfer are you now? Did you have a day 3 or day 5 transfer?
Iello thanks for responding.  I had a day 5 transfer and the doc said i had two beautiful embryos. Today is the 5th day post transfer.
It sounds like we are exactly alike!  I too had a 5 day transfer with 2 embryos and took a hpt 3 days after, because I couldn't stand the wait - it was also negative.  I have the same symptoms as you, with a lot of general to mild cramping... I go in for my blood test tomorrow morning. I wish you the best of luck :-)
I too had my transfer recently (yesterday), cramping all the way and stayed in bed yesterday.  I'm back at work today.  it is my first IVF cycle, after about 3 unsuccessful IUI.  I'm a little nervous and have my test on 12/3 - wishing for a holiday treat. I do have 1 son and he was conceived naturally - what devastates me most is that they don't know what is wrong.  17 eggs retrieves, sperm is good, 5 were abnormal, 10 didn't fertilize, and 2 fertilized.  Then I was told that 1 wasn't growing.  So, i was only able to transfer 1 normal embryo and hoping for the best.  I'm 32 yrs old and doctor says my age is fine.  I just can't wait.  I think right now the hardest thing is waiting. Thanksgiving is going to be long.  My trasfer was after day 6 - which is a littel late.

Wishing everyone good luck with everything.

Jhoselin
Hey I just had my IVF and my egg retrieval was Monday had 17 eggs 11 fertilized then they started changing I just had my embryo transfer today 2 embryos at blastocyst Grade B at there 5th day I am 41 yrs old never really had any fertility problems but had a tubal ligation 19 years ago remarried and decided to have a family again. Doctor said I responded beautifully with the stimulation medication and doing great I am just anxious now with these cramps if there normal? I have read so many peoples comments that it confuses me and some worry me. Wish someone could just say yeah its normal.
Don't stress this is my first time at IVF and i go for my blood test tomorrow to see if is has worked, the cramps are normal it is a way of you body telling you it is reacting to the embryo, anything can happen eg may or may not take , but everyone i have spoken to and the ivf nurse say that the cramping is normal, so don't stress take it easy and goodluck.... the 2ww is the worst i am so glad it is over tomorrow....lol
I will send you an invite to another link on this site the girls on there are lovely and really supportive... hope to see you on there soon...take care and goodluck :)
sorry can't send link to you but this is the group we are in:-
JULY/AUGUST 2012 IVF/FET