IVF
I am thinking about doing IVF. I needs some advice about going through the process and what to expect. I have PCOS and my hubby has VERY low sperm count with bad motility and bad quality. We are going to a GREAT specialists in our area ( best one around - stat-wise) and he says with taking great measure that he believe we can get prego...ANY advice?
According to American pregnancy association, IVF is the process of fertilization by manually combining an egg and sperm in a laboratory dish. First of all, Fertility medications are prescribed to control the timing of the egg ripening and to increase the chance of collecting multiple eggs during one of the woman's cycles. Then eggs are retrieved through a minor surgical procedure under ultrasound guidance. Then sperms are obtained by ejaculation and insemination is allowed to occur. In this process, the sperm and eggs are placed in incubators located in the laboratory which enables fertilization to occur. Once this occurs, the fertilized eggs are considered embryos.

Lastly the embryos are usually transferred into the woman's uterus anywhere from one to six days later.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.