Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Implantation bleeding?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Implantation bleeding?

I was on depo for almost four years and my last shot was in April and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for the last month. Today I got home and noticed some bleeding in my discharge but It was very light. I've gone to the bathroom a couple times since but have not seen anymore blood. Me and my husband have had intercourse everyday for the last month because I had not gotten my period back and did not know when I was fertile. Does this sound like implantation bleeding?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
Once you are off depovera it may take some time for your periods to return to normal. Depovera is a hormone shot which is a contraceptive to prevent pregnancy and a woman needs six to eight months to let the hormone clear before she will be able to menstruate and be able to conceive. It is not possible to confirm whether this spotting is due to implantation or some other cause. During implantation the bleeding usually occurs a week to a few days before your periods should normally start. You need to wait or take a pregnancy test to detect pregnancy. Discuss your concerns with a gynecologist. Do write to me again with more queries.
Take care and regards!
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers