Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Implantation problems

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Implantation problems

Hello I just was instructed by our RE that we will be trying on our own for 3 months after our second failed IVF and my fourth laparascopic surgery to remove endo He says that I have an implantation problem and has me on progesterone pills and heparin shots five days past ovulation My question is is there any herbs or foods  or vitamins I could eat or take to help with implantation
Normally blood thinning supplements are what is recommended to help with implantation problems. But since you're on Heparin, I would think that should actually suffice. I've heard of people taking it a little sooner than 5DPO, but your doctor is the one who knows best for you. I've also heard of people taking baby aspirin with Heparin. Maybe you could ask your dr about that?

As for herbs or supplements, I don't think you can take anything else that thins the blood while you're on Heparin. (risk of the blood getting too thin or something?) But I'm not positive. You could double check with your dr on that, too.

Good luck! I hope you get that straightened out! I have the same problem actually. Been doing the supplements so far but hoping to start Heparin next month. SSBD!
I did acu and some herbs and pio shots..2nd ivf worked! Good luck!
I think acupunture would be a good thing to look into.  It couldn't hurt, it might help.   Sorry you are having to deal with this.  This whole process is maddening!!!! UGH!!
That's right! I totally forgot about acupuncture! It's awesome for helping hormone balance and increasing the pelvic blood flow. I started going in July but had to stop b/c of my laparoscopy. I plan to start back up asap after I recuperate from surgery. Acupuncture really does work well and has for so many people. It can be expensive but is well worth it when you're holding the result in your arms! :-)
Yes I have impantation problems as well and I am going to start accupuncture very shortly - I have heard it works a treat for some people.