Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Infertility after depo shot

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Infertility after depo shot

I was just wondering if anyone has experienced trouble tryin to get pregnant after being on depo. I was on it for 3 years, now I am off it for about 1. I have only had about 2 regular periods since, and I was wondering how long it took for anyone else to succeed. Thanks.
Hello.  I was on the depo shot for 1 year.  I got pregnant the first time 4 years after stopping it, but it ended in a m/c.  I am 7 weeks pregnant now with femara/IUI after being off of depo for 6 years.  I would advise you to see a RE right away, because I feel like we wasted alot of time with regular OB/GYN's.  I have been with the RE for about 9 months.  I feel like he made all the difference.  Good luck to you!  If you'd like more info on what all I tried, feel free to contact me at stephielbrown at yahoo.com.
I was on the depo for 4 years...been off of it for 7 years...a little over a year ago my dr put me on met and I have had pretty regular periods since....I've only been pregnant once right after being put on met and it ended in a mc.
wow... this shot seems really dangerous to a womans fertility. Good thing I got off it. How long did it take your periods to come back?
I did not start having regular periods until seeing my RE early this year.
I can't have kids becaues they took out my tubes and burned then and its been 17 years now i just got marry what can i do. P.S.icepopgirl wont's to know
P.S icepopgirl needs to know because I'm 40 years old. i have 4 kids that or 22,21,19 and17 from my first husben.now i got marry again.my new husben can have kids but i can't.i need to know what sould i do because they took out my tubes and burned then is there any way that i can get pregnant with out my tubes.my husben want's two kids i don't know what to do please help me somebody to tell me what to do .am going crazy all the time not knowing what to do .i live in puerto rico. i don't know what kind of doctor to see where to start i think that my husben will leave me if i can't have kids. please help me. i need somebody are doctor as soon as you get this. you can sent me a E-mail at ***@**** or write to me at P.O. BOX 2233 Vega Baja, Puerto Rico 00694 and my cel.phone is 787 239-8600 it's been 17 years that i been waiting for this good men that god sent to me. now i can't give him one true gift a baby that would bring as closers then ever. i been wtih him 3years and 5months and in my heart i know he would be a great dad.P.S icepopgirl
my E-mail is ***@**** P.S. icepopgirl
i was on the deppo and its hell the first time i was on it it took me 2 yrs to get pregnant with clomid helping me and now im having the same problem been trying 2 yrs now and on my month of clomid but still havent had a period for 58 days now since my last period
i have been on the deppo for 7 years it took just over a year for me to have my first period this week yay . im hoping all goes well with the baby making ...  i know it can take a long time to come off im just gratefull i dicided my self that i wanted children last year and knowing it would take a long time for me to be fertile again any way, came off it .. now at the point where my partner and i have discussed things and want to try to have a baby the very same day almost i had my first period im thinking this must be a sign if nothing else is