Instead (Softcup) Cups
Hello again - I am full of questions today!! thinking ahead to ovulation and desperately wanting a BFP this month I am considering trying the instead cup this month.. It was recommended by a friend of mine who is convinced it helped her conceive her baby. I have looked at their website but they are vague when it comes to using it for fertility issues.

Text from website:

Q.I am trying to get pregnant. Would inserting an INSTEAD® Softcup® Immediately after intercourse help trap sperm in place to help increase the probability that I get pregnant?  
A.INSTEAD, Inc. has not studied the post-intercourse placement of an INSTEAD® Softcup® as a method to help improve the probability of conception. The use of the Softcup® as a pregnancy aid has not been cleared by the FDA.

I have mixed thoughts - great as it traps the sperm in the right place but am also wondering whether the materials it is made from are detremental to the sperm?? There are no spermicides on the cap etc as its not a contraceptive but know how fragile and tempremenatal these little swimmers are and don't want to upset them... anyone get any advice or experience or should I just go back to shoulder stands again!! Thanks in advancce for your input
I'm sorry I can't help on this. But I wish you luck in every step that you make!:)
God bless U,
LinaG
I'm giving the Instead Cup a try this month.  At the rate I'm going, it sure isnt going to make matters worse!  LOL!

Interestingly i used it for the first time ever this morning and i am happy to say that NOTHING came out after BDing, not even when i used the "facilities".

I have heard that people have had success with it.

If it works for me, I will let you know!

Gigi
Deb, I've been looking into this as well and have wondered about giving it a try.  If you go to early pregnancy tests . com  and look under more fertility aids, it will give you a detailed description including how to use it, with photos.
I did purchase the Instead Soft Cups from earlypregnancytests.com.  they were fairly inexpensive and were delivered right away.

Today is day 1 of using it, and it isnt uncomfortable or anything and wasnt hard to put in.

It's worth a shot!

Gigi

I have also been looking into trying these.  I notice after BDing no matter what position I put myself in, there is a good amount of leakage (sorry if TMI), so I wonder if they would help?  

Keep us updated!!
Corrisa,

I was  impressed with the Soft Cups.  There was no leakage at all - absolutely NOTHING.  The only problem I had is when I couldnt leave well enough alone and decided to check if it was in place.   A small amount came out at that point (sorry if TMI) when I moved the soft cup.  

Over the course of the day I started to worry that maybe i hadnt put it in right and that the semen was actually on the WRONG side of the cup, but when I removed it, it appeard that everything was exactly where it should have been (meaning on the inside of the cup and not outside of it)

If I have any luck with it I will be sure to let  you know!  After 2 years of trying, i'm praying that this is what i needed!

Gigi
Out of curiosity... did this end up working for anyone?
Unfortunately, I did not have any luck this past month.

Anybody else?
I used this product, after 1 try I got a BFP. It was so easy, I can't believe more people don't try it.