Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Irregular Gestational Sac

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Irregular Gestational Sac

I am repeating this post because I don't think my subject line was specific enough. Maybe this will draw more responses.Have any of you ever had a successful outcome with an oblong/c-shaped gestational sac around 6 wks with a visible heartbeat.
Thank you so much!
5 m/c and still hopeful!
Hi, I don't have an answer to your question but I would like to say that I'm sorry for your losses.  I know that your heart aches over your babies. Have you been to see an RE yet? If so what did he say? I too have lost 4 babies.  I am really feeling down over them today. I guess it's just a good day for me to have a good cry.  I pray for you to have a very healthy pg.
God bless.
i had a scan on thursday with my doc and she was very worried because the sac was sort of sideways oval shape..if that makes sense...she said it didnt look hopeful because sac should be a perfect circle so she made out...plus she could not see anything in there..she sent to to an early pregnancy clinic and they said i was 100 per cent ok and they found the baby and heartbeat..i asked about the shape of the sac and they seemed to think it was normal...i go back again this thursday so i will keep u posted on the shape of it then as well...goodlck
Yea, I did get a bfp in nov of last year and then again in Dec of last year and then a 4th time on my birthday. May 3rd. all resulted in losses. I then was sent to see an RE now we are trying again. FINALLY!!!  I'm still praying for my miracle baby or babies. :0) How are you? What all is going on with you? good to hear from you. Keep me posted.
Stillwaiting- How are you? I spoke to you quite a few times when I posted on here several months ago.  Last time we spoke I thought you had gotten a BFP.  I think it was around last November or maybe April?  I can't remember.

Jenn,
Thanks for your comment!  The nurse at my doc's thought she saw a hb but wasnt sure, I have a repeat scan next Wednesday, I'll keep you posted too!
Hi! How are you and the baby now? Any updates? Ive been doing a great deal of readings to know what we need to do to make our first pregnancy okay. The doctor says i have an irregular shaped gestational sac though the baby showed a healthy heart beat and in perpect size. Can someone give us more insights as to what possible effects these irregular shaped gestational sac do to our baby? Any good hope?