Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Irregular Period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Irregular Period

Good evening ladies! Getting rite to it... my last period was last month NOV.14-19 and I've just started AGAIN DEC2 usually pretty normal give or take 2-3 days my ques. Is why is this happening and if Im not cycling a normal 28 days then can I even ovulate?? I'm a fairly healthy 33yo w/ 3 children-twins 14yo and a 4yo 1 more would be great!!! Any answers greatly appreciated!!!
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are fine,
For predicting ovulation in women with normal cycles ovulation usually occurs twelve to sixteen days before the first day of the next period. Predicting ovulation in women with irregular cycles is t trickier. A rise in basal body temperature, changes in cervical mucus consistency and Ovulation predictor kits are few methods for assessing when ovulation takes place. You need to discuss with your gynecologist about the cause of your irregular periods and other concerns. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!