Irregular cycle question

Does anyone have any advice on when I should use my op test if I don't know my cycle?  Been off the pill for 2 months, first AF came when it should have (according to when it would have if I was on the pill) but my second one is 3 days late.  Took a pregnancy test 2 days ago and was neg.  I may have jumped the gun with the preg test, but either way, it was negative :(  
Yeah, that is a tricky one. You could start taking them on cycle day 12 the first month, but if you end up having a long cycle, you might have to use two packs. But first, I would wait a few more days to see what's going on this month. If still no period, I would test again! Good luck!
Sorry...I mean "you could start using the" not "taking them" LOL! It's been a long day :-)
Thanks, that helps.  But, do I use the op test everyday?  I've never used one before!!  What a newbie.  lol. I have 15 test strips.
Yes, you would use them every day at about the same time until you detect the surge. Once you get a test line that is as dark or darker than the control line, you've detected the surge and can stop testing. Best of luck!!!
Thank you!