Irregular periods
I am 29, and am TTC. With my first son, I got pregnant within 2 cycles of trying. He is now almost 3. The second time around, I got pregnant in the first cycle, but miscarried at 9 weeks. It was a partial molar pregnancy.  That was in July. I started TTC again in January. My cycle lengths since then have been (in order) 35 days, 39 days, 42 days, and now I am at 46 days and counting.  However, I have had light spotting on and off for the past 9 days. Base on secretions, I thought that I ovulated about 17 days ago, but now I'm not so sure. Took a pregnancy test 4 days ago, and it was negative - also don't feel pregnant at all.  I know I've only been trying for 4 months, but should I see a fertility dr?  It was so easy the first two times - I'm afraid something may be wrong now. Why am i spotting and why are my cycles getting longer and longer?  Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
michelle - what I would do is start monitoring my basal body temperature or taking ovulation predictor kits - these will help predict ovulation along w/cm but the first thing I think you should do is see your regular ob/gyn before moving to a re (fertility specialist or reproductive endocrinologist).  I think you need to get to the bottom of having these irregular cycles.  I'm no doctor but I'm thinking once you have your cycles back to "normal", then things will progress.

If you aren't happy w/your ob/gyn, then move on to the re.  I usually tell women to go straight to the re's but in this case, I'm thinking some steps might be in order before going the fertility specialist route.  good luck w/your ttc journey and SSBD! - jen

P.S.  I too have had a partial molar pregnancy - did they tell you to wait to ttc until your hcg levels bottomed out?
Yes - i had to wait until my hormones went back to zero and I actually waited another month after my dr. said i could start trying again.  I did do ovulation tests last cycle - for 14 days - got all negatives, but on day 12 or 13 of testing, my secretions changed, so I didn't buy another box - just got busy the next four days (would have for longer, but was unable for other reasons).  I have an appointment with my regular dr. in about 5 weeks, but I hate waiting!  Thanks, though - maybe I will start taking my temp. The ovulation tests are pricey to use when you really don't know about when you might ovulate, but it may be worth it to keep doing that, too. Thanks again!