Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Is Pineapple Safe During Pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Is Pineapple Safe During Pregnancy?

Is Pineapple Safe During Pregnancy?

Is it safe to take pineapple during pregnancy? Is it advisable at the end of a pregnancy to take pineapple juice or eat the flesh in order to bring on labour?

Maybe.

Eating pineapple or drinking pineapple juice is said to be an old wive’s tale to bring on labour for woman past their due date. Large amounts of pineapple juice can in fact cause uterine contractions. It’s for this reason that in early pregnancy, it’s often suggested that you don’t drink pineapple juice in excess amounts.
Why pineapple can cause contractions

Fresh pineapple contains Bromelain which can also soften the cervix but it is said that it takes large quantities to have any effect which can also result in diarrhea. Some women say that they’ve had zero problems having plenty of pineapple and pineapple juice during pregnancy and others claim it brought on labour. The verdict on pineapple during pregnancy? Some would say that you should eat it in moderation and watch for any signs of problems before your due date. If you’re at or past your due date, it might help you.

By: http://pregnancyglee.com/?p=26
Dont take it without consulting wid a chinese doctor or ur RE. Even if u take little more than desired qty there is a chance of m/c which no body wants. It seems pineapple core is better for implantation thn the actual fruit. Also there is a different dose if u hv 3 day transfer and diff dose for a 5 day transfer. Also num of days u take in both cases is different. Dont do anything unknown acts straight from the internet.
Personally I would stay away from pineapple during pregnancy. According to my culture, women are advised not to eat pineapple during pregnancy.
I am sure many will disagree with me on this one, but I didn't even drink fruit juice with pineapple in it just to be on the safe side.

Good luck!
My Accupuncturist said to eat it when u are
trying to get preggers and not while.
Hope that helps.
this is so interesting... I was also told to try eating pineapple during IVF to help implantation but never heard any of the bad stuff. Would like to know more about the core being better than the fruit.
Girls try asking mamom15 about this. She seems to know as she went to chinese doctor for treatment along with IVF

And the Chinese have all the secrets!! lol
Just to let you know, the day before my DD was due, I ate 2 pineapples and went into labour the next morning. It is said that it induces labour, and I whole heartedly agree that it does.