Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Is achy back normal during early pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

I got my BPF on 2/17, had 2 good HCG tests and now am waiting for the first u/s which is scheduled for next wednesday.  Today my lower back feels kind of achy and tired.  Is this normal?  So far I've only had cramping, this is something new and I wanted to see if I should be worried.
By the way I'm about 5 weeks.

Thank You.
Lexima,

Since doctors actually count from the first day of your last period and not when you ovulated, aren't you actually into your 6th week?  I guess it depends on your normal cycle length and all that.  I got my confirmed BFP on the 21st (which should have been CD1 for me), and I'm considered as starting my 6th week exactly tomorrow...

Anyway, I've had lower back pain as well.  I'm having it worse on the lower right side, sort of in a sciatic nerve way, and it's very annoying.  If the pain is on either side, it could just be your ovaries protesting because the HCG is causing them to swell up due to the already overstimulation from the drugs.  If it's more like what I have, which is one side or another, I was told that your body starts changing rapidly, and your hips sort of drop to prepare for the pregnancy.  My last pregnancy, only one hip dropped and the other didn't, so I guess it caused me to walk a little different and my back hurt SO bad.  I ended up having to go to a chiropractor, and that was before I was even showing!

I think it's pretty normal to get lower back pain, unless it's excruciating.  If it hurts super bad, I'd call the doctor and ask about it.

Sheri

Correction, I'm an idiot... I'm starting my 5th week tomorrow. LOL!

I have pregnancy brain.  ARGL!

Sheri
I have been having lower back pain and my hips have been hurting but they tell me I am not pregnant and my AF has not showed up I have been having lower back pain for the last two weeks all the way through my two week waiting period I am 5 days late for my AF now so I don't know what could be causing my back pain.
Thanks Sheri,
I feel it mainly on my left side and it's very low I'd say sciatic area.  I think I've just read too many posts on ectopic and I'm just so woried and anxious until next week when I go for sonogram.  The pain is not strong at all it's just there.  the only thing that comforts me is that my HCG was quick rising.  And in many cases with ectopic HCG rise could be slow or abnormal.

My last period started on Jan 21st so I'm counting from there, which would make me 5 weeks and 2 days.  I ovulated really early this month and got a BFP on 16DPO.
i have back pain a lot and im now 14 1/2 weeks along

i remember it was worse in the beginning...i thought it was getting better but its back again