Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Is it normal to get REALLY irritable around ovulation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

With all that I am learning about hormones and incorrect levels and all - I am wondering if my INTENSE anger and irritability is normal around ovulation or if it is indicative that my levels are still off?  I read so often that women are 'in the mood', etc. around this time and I am, but I am also REALLY (and I mean REALLY) angry - I have been hitting our punching bag and just want to scream and shout at everyone.  Then I have a complete crying meltdown afterwards about what a horrible person I am!

Most of the doctors have dismissed my emotions as being symptomatic of anything physical, but I feel like there is a direct correlation and wondering what other women feel!  Thanks!!
*bump*
I agree I have real snappy days around ovulation as well, just over the dumbest things, I always cry these days over um... anything. songs commercials, whatever lol. But I do get extremely irratable right around O and bout 3 or 4 days b-4 AF.
I also get cranky/emotional around ovulation.  I had trouble during ttc, but all my hormones have tested normal.  In the end I was diagnosed with unexplained infertility and finally got pg with use of IUI.  
Thank you so much for writing this post. My husband and I have recently been trying to concieve (conceive)... but theres some simi stressful things that have been happening lately with our car... our kids...everyone getting sick.... and his X wife.... whose a total psyho etc. But usually these type of things i can handle really well without beginning to feel extremly angry. This week Im suppose to start ovulating... but after a strange pain in my ovary area and a stressful situation with that occurred later over text messagea with my husbands X yesterday.... i feel like i just want to scream! Im SO ANGRY and irritated at the same time! But when i try to sit down and think about it.... all these things that have happened recently reallyshould not make me feel THIS INTENSLY ANGRY! I JUST WISH I HAD A PUSHING BAG RIGHT NOW nd i dont know why! So to try and calm myself down I searched online to see if anyone else experienced these emotions around ovulation as well. And this post was really helpful. It seems alot of women experience this issue around ovulation. Which tells me that im probably just hormonal.... thank god! Because thats an easier issue for me to address than if it was a sign of bipolar disorder. Thank God!
I also have this issue, but I am diagnosed infertile. After 3 years ttc, my son was conceived through ivf. My periods are somewhat regular for the first time in my life following my pregnancy, but I get really irritable around ovulation time. The opk's show that I'm not actually ovulating but trying to. My guess is the "trying to" is the cause of the irritibility. I didn't have this problem when I was on hormonal birth control (before I knew I was infertile), so I'm thinking of going back even though I don't need it. Hoping to hear responses from others.
I'm sorry to hear of your issues. I think it might be best to start a new thread (question) since this one if quite old.   Have you thought of seeing an endocrinologist to see if or get your hormones in balance? You might be able to do that without going on BCP. I do have hormonal issues having PCOS and it took 11+ yrs with MANY MANY, reproductive surgeries & IVF cycles to have children. If nothing else maybe your RE could point you in the right direction. Best wishe & I hope you are able to find some relief!