Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Is it possible to ovulate not get a period
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is it possible to ovulate not get a period

Is it possible to ovulate, not get a period, not be pregnant and then ovulate again?

I am trying to get pregnant. we did the at home ovulation tests there was s LH surge right on schedule for the past three months.  My period has always been like clock work.  This past time around I am now 2 weeks past due for a period, and pregnancy tests all come back negative.  Is it possible that I may ovulate again this month without having gotten a period or will I most likely have to wait out the period and then start retesting for the LH surge?
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Be aware that you can have a LH surge, and still not ovulate.  If your period is a couple weeks late, and your preg. test is negative still, call your OBGYN for advice as to what to do now.
Blank
yes
but I'd still share with your doc
Blank
144100_tn?1283526167
Yes, totally possible and has happened to a few people I know (resulting in pregnancy too, might I add :))
Blank
161427_tn?1229914882
You could have a period without ovulation, and you could ovulate without period. My sister got pregnant twice while nursing without getting her period. good luck
Blank
I was told by my dr (when I was not getting af) that it is NOT POSSIBLE to ovulate and not have a period. It is possible to have a period without ovulating but not the other way around!!
Blank
not true! 2 out of 4 of my children were conceived within 9 months postpartum, while breastfeeding and no period.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...