Is the test for Hydrosalpinges an HSG?
So I am going to see the RE on Jan 26th & 27th for our consultation, I have a requisition that says:
pelvic ultrasound
antral follicle count
R/O cysts
       polyps
       fibroids
       Hydrosalpinges

So does that mean I am having a HSG??  Im so confused....is it just a normal ultra sound or an hsg??

Thanks ladies!

Hi, my name is dawn. I have had a hsg, and my paperwork for the test specifically said hsg. Hydrosalpinges are tubes blocked by some type of fluid. Normally they do the hsg to see if ur tubes r blocked, and sometimes by doing it, it unblocks them. It doesnt sound like an hsg, but they can do an ultrason
Sorry, hit post button. But they can do an ultrasould with saline solution. They inset a catheter and fill u up with the fluid and do an vaginal ultra sound. Plus,the hsg is done with dye that they xray u with.  So i would say no, they arent doing one. I have had everything done for fertility, including laparoscopy, so if want to know about other tests, let me know. My next step is iui, or inter uterine insemination, sooooo good luck to you!!!!
Thanks so much for the reply!  I think our only option is IUI, as we cannot afford IVF, and we have no chance of natural conception.  I am so nervouse about meeting the RE!!

I hope what ever path you take it brings you to a BFP!!
Thank u!!!!! I hope yours is a bundle of joy too!! That ultrasound i told u about really wasnt bad at all. Compareable to menstral cramps. But if u need the hsg, im going to tell u its really uncomfortable, and that usually is the case if your tubes are blocked. I did have polyps, and that ultrasound is what they use to find them. After it was all said and done, im glad i went thru all of it, because they got to the root of my problem.  Hopefully you will get to the root of yours
Hey I added you as a friend if you want you can read my journals, I don't think there are any issues with my fertility, we have a sperm issue..but they are still doing tests on me to make sure.  Thanks again!!!
As far as I know, an HSG is short for hysterosalpingogram, which is the actual test. I had one, too, and man, that was painful and I didn't even have any blockages (but then again, my doctor was not that pleasant, messed it up the first time and had to go in again to finish it, and then got the instrument stuck in me, so maybe I am the exception). If you do have an HSG, just be sure to take a lot of Motrin...I probably didn't take enough because I totally thought the pain would be minor. Mistake! Good luck! I know that first appt with the RE can be nerve-wracking....been there!  
Thanks so much!
Im not sure if you are aware of this, but if its a sperm issue, and u do iui, when they prep the sperm, they wash them in a special solution, taking the best of the best. And it also helps by doing iui, because they bypass the vagina(of course), and thats where alot of sperm die, its a very hostile environment for them. As far as your body is concerned, they r invaders.(go figure, huh?)