Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Is there an egg donor forum?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Is there an egg donor forum?

My next step is egg donor.  I'm not so sad about using an egg donor as I am about having to go through the whole process of trying to have a baby all over again.  I am wondering whether there is a egg donor forum where I can post my q's:

(1) What is/are the best agency(ies) for finding an egg donor?
(2) Are there any other ways to find an egg donor that have been successful? (posting an ad, etc.)
(3) ***We want a baby  ASAP and are desperate to find an egg donor who looks like me.  I've already searched the web and have come up with nothing.  We already have one biological child so it matters a little more.  Both my husband and I are very tall and thin (5'9, 120 pounds) and fair (naturally blonde hair) - these don't seem like common characteristics among egg donors (at least not in this country).  Any thoughts?
(4) To tell or not to tell our friends?  Our thoughts are to tell the child and immediate family but no one else unless the child chooses to tell people if he/she wants.  Any resources (books, etc.) on this topic?  We want what's best for the child.
There is a book on Amazon.com called "A Tiny Itsy Bit of Life: an Egg Donor Story" by Carmen Martinez Jover. It's a book to actually read to the child.
There are egg donor agencies that will search out a donor with specific qualifications (height, weight, athletic or artistic ability, ivy league education, etc) but they are very expensive--usually from $50,000-$100,000. I can't remember the name of the agency, though...if I remember, I'll post again.
Good luck!
The agencies I have seen have a lot of blondes.  It wasn't necessary to spend $50,000 to 100,000, they were simply on the list along with everyone else of all other hair colors and ethnic backgrounds.  It seems surprising you are having trouble, but possibly it is different in different parts of the country.  
I think it is under egg donor recipients!