Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Is there anything i can do to start ovulation sooner?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

It has been 6 weeks since my m/c and I still have had no period.  I bought an ovulation kit and take tests daily but nothing.  The dr wants me to naturally start ovulation but i am tired of waiting.  Any ideas on what i can do to help this process move along?
Your dr is right. This isn't something that should be rushed. Your body will o when it is ready after a mc. If it hasn't happened yet, your body may be telling you it needs a little more time for things to be right. If you rush it or "speed it up" you may end up with another mc, because your body wasn't ready.

It is really hard after a mc. I know. You just want back what was taken away from you too soon. I am sorry for your loss. But, your body does know when the time is right.
I understand how you are feeling, but have to agree with Tina, you can't rush this.  If it gets to 8 weeks and you haven't had your period, then call doc and see if he can put you on Provera to jump start your period.  He will still likely recommend waiting one more cycle to TTC again.

After my first miscarriage, it took 4 months for my period to start.  My OB said I wasn't ovulating due to stress.  Being overly concerned and worried may only delay your ovulation further. I know the feeling to start TTC again is so strong after a m/c but you need to give it more time.  Definitely check with doc if 8wks elapses, but for now there is little you can do other than take care of yourself.
I totally agree with both tina & rene. Don't stress sweetie, that will only delay your ovulation. I know, better said than done, right? I know it's hard, trust me, i've been down a really tough road myself! Your body does know when the time is right. After my m/c, i started around 6 1/2 to 7 weeks afterwords, and i think that's the average. But it may take longer, and that's ok, it's all normal. I agree with your doc, this is something that shouldn't be rushed. I know it *****, and that's not the answer you want. Maybe here are some things that can help: try not to stress, like rene said, that will only delay things, try to eat a healthy diet. I know right after i lost kayln, i was very depressed and i rarely ate, i'm still in that boat. I'm losing weight quicker then i can say it, and i'm not doing it on purpose, it's just being depressed. My RE put me on the ben & jerry's diet yesterday, b/c that's the reason he thinks i haven't conceived yet, being underweight. I mean, kayln's only 6 months old, so it's not taking FOREVER or anything. I know it'll happen when it's supposed to for us, but maybe you are in the same boat? Excercise and diet affect your fertility, so maybe those are some things you can think about if you haven't already. I wish you nothing but the best, and it will happen again sweetie. I know you feel that need to replace the empty feeling you have, i'm with you! God knows when the right time is, and it'll happen when He's ready for it to happen. Trust Him, ok? :) Message me if you need me, i'm always here for you!!
it took my body 7 weeks after my MC and d and c to get my period.  Hang on a little longer cause from what my doctor said, it can take up to 12 weeks to come back.  give your body a rest.
i keep getting white gewwy stuff in my panties and i've been getting that for a while now but i still havent got my period yet. is there any way to make your period come sooner?
HayHay: How long has it been since your miscarriage? If it's only been a few weeks, you probably ned to wait a little longer, but if it's been a few months, your doctor might prescribe progesterone to get your period started. Take care!