Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
I've just gotta vent, bear with me...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

I've just gotta vent, bear with me...

Ok, I have just about had it with pregnant women around me. I'm a deputy, currently assigned to a jail. I have had SO many inmates come up to me this last week and talk to me about their babies. Just last night a guy came up to me and asked if I have kids, I said no and tried to avoid further conversation, because my due date should be Feb 18th, and as it gets closer I'm getting more and more emotional again. Then he came up and showed me the ultrasound he just got in the mail, It's a 20 week picture- we found out our baby had died duringt our 20 week ultrasound. It was all I could do to get out of the housing unit before I lost it.
Another guy came up to me and asked when his "girl" would have gotten pregnant if she's due on Feb 23rd, since she's trying to "pin" the baby on him and he knows he was in jail. I keep my personal business to myself at work, so there was no way I was telling him she conceived 5 days after dh and I!!
In the women's area, we have several pregnant women, all of whom have been using drugs and alcohol prior to their arrests, and still somehow have perfect, healthy pregnancies. And one women was just convicted a few weeks ago of killing her precious 8 month old son.
A co-worker of mine is pregnant, and even though she smoked like a chimney and continued to take her birth control pills for the first 14 weeks of the pregnancy (!!), her baby is just fine. Of course she's not married, and this baby was completely unplanned and unwanted, although she's keeping it.
I just can't understand why some people have it so easy getting pregnant and staying pregnant. They have no way of providing for a family. I want so badly to be pregnant again, my dh and I are so ready to be parents.
I know we all go through this, and I'm glad I've found this forum for support!
My vent is now over....
I know how you feel, kind of....I have suffered a miscarriage and though my hubby and i really haven't been trying that long (7 months), it seems like forever.  I too get upset when it seems that all the people that shouldn't be pregnant are getting my pregnant.  A friend of mine had an abortion in sept. and she's pregnant again...planning another abortion.  It is very frustrating...i feel i'm doing everything right...i quit smoking long time ago, i eat right, i exercise, i chart....i could go on and on and on.  Anyway..try to hang in there.  I cannot imagine what this must be like for you right now with the due date soon approaching.  You always have support here.
I'm so sorry for what you are going through! I can't imagine to know how it feels to have had a m/c:( I do however know how it feels to have everyone around you pregnant, i hate that most of my friends and family are onto their 2 and 3 child. I also hate that there are people out there that smoke, do drugs and drink and still manage  to get pregnant. I wish i could say something to make you feel better.  I have only been on this forum for about a week and find great comfort in the ladies  kind words, i hope this also helps you.
Believe me I know the frustration even though being around this kind of cases all the time is even worse.
It is sooo unfair..
Hugs,
Miky
Vent on, sister!!  I see this stuff all of the time too and I want to snatch their babies away from them and bring them home....but then I guess I would be under your care at the jail if I did that!
You can vent all you want here!  It sounds like in your job you come in contact with some pretty ignorant people!  I know what you mean though.  At this point I am avoiding seeing my preg. friend as awful as it sounds it's really painful to me.  I would have been due next week....you are not alone!  We are always here to vent to!
I know its really frustrating when u see people that are pg I been trying for 7years, I have a 9yr old son, I had a c-sec. and after that no luck, I work where a lot a pg women come and apply for assistance, so I see that every day some with 5,6 children, some having abortions, and us here we r ttc every month, but I know God has me here for a reason, take care and I will pray for u.