Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
July babies'09 from the October BFP girls

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Viewing 201-249 comments:
Hi girls,
I just had an u/s done yesterday with a technician and not an actual OB appointment...tomorrow is my OB appt where I will see my OB for the first time..I will see how it iwll go and if she can accomodate my needs properly and go from there...if that's something I can live with, then  I will stay with her. I just need her to be there when I need her and hopefully she will tell me everything!
I hope my hematoma and a cyst goes away slowly...

I have not gained ANY pound but I have a stomach bump already and its hard :)
My nausia is gone and I eat a lot...my bbs are pretty sore again but that's about it...

I am spotting on and off , very very light...
That's all for me!

Maria, I am sooo glad that everything is good with you!! YOu sound very happy!!!
Zuz- Good luck for your u/s tomorrow. Its nice you are still seeing you RE. Ask as many questions you can. Best thing is to make a note of what you want to ask. You said you stopped all the medications last week, did you stop taking progesterone too??

Dreamgirl-My OB mentioned about the screening test as well. But its totally up to us to go for it or not. If it is a blood test its alright, but sometimes the result may vary and that might cause unnecessary tensions. If you feel you require it go for it.

Anya- How are you feeling? You get to hear from your doctor tomorrow right?

Eternidad- How are you doing? Looks like you are working three days..:) You are not posting.

aweeonetolove- How are you doing?  I hope you are feeling better. How is your cat doing? I put pictures of my cat in my profile..
I am doing ok, can't wait to see my new OB today, I hope she is good. If not, then I will have to seek for a new one...I should know about the size of my baby tday and hematoma and cyst....I think I will also get physical today...
My belly is showing already, but I still can't believe it and not sure if that's the baby or just me eating all that food...although I haven't gained a pound.. :(
When is your next appt? How big did your baby measure? Did you see him move?
Girls I am doing well, still taking progesterone suppositories until the Christmas but stop the estrace. Now we are hunting for OB in the area, my RE recommended one but she is really booked until January 15, so I am waiting for my RE office to call me back with more suggestions.

LOL everyone.
Hi Ladies,
I had to proctor an exam today and just got a pile of more marking!  Eek!  Why does Christmas have to be so busy for me?!  Anyways, I'm doing well. My symptoms have pretty much gone kaput these past two days. My bb's barely hurt, no nausea and normal amounts of energy.  I'm trying to just focus on my wee bump and u/s next Tuesday.  Sorry if I post the wrong comment to one of you or miss someone.  It's hard to reply right now because all your recent posts are on the other page.

Anya ~ Have you heard from your new OB yet?  I hope that your nasty hematoma is being shrunk down to a mass of shriveling nothing.  I'm sorry to hear that you are spotting again but happy to hear that it is light.  It is also probably a sign that your hematoma is actually disappearing.  

Maria ~ Congrats on your u/s!  That is so exciting.  I'm glad your little one is doing just fine.  Oh! And I'm going to look at your cats right after I post this.  Maybe I'll upload a pic or two of mine.  Gotta love those little furballs.

Zuz ~ How did your u/s go?  I can't wait to hear! The best of luck!

Dreamgirl ~ I haven't gained any weight yet but I know the 10lbs thing in one week happened to a close friend of mine.  Then she gained only 10 lbs in her second trimester.  It's all so weird.

Eternidad ~ Ugh. I'm sorry to hear that OB is booked up until Jan. 15th.  Why is it so difficult!  I finally heard from my midwife group (there's four of them that work together) and I get to meet with them for the first time next Wednesday.  

I really feel like I'm missing one of you or something important!  If so, I'm sorry!  I hope you are all doing well. And it's so nice to hear news of your wee raspberries doing the hula hoop.  Congrats ladies and happy hump day!
Hi Girls!
  I went for some blood tests today. It was prenatal tests. The phlebotomist drew 18 vials of blood. I was like..what!!!! why so many? She said this is normal. I am not sure  if that is normal. did anyone have to go through the same? I felt little light headed after that.

Anya- Did you hear from your OB? I have to go back for my next appointment on 30th.

Aweeonetolove- Its nice to hear that your nausea has eased out.  How far are you in your pregnancy?

Eternidad-Good luck on find OB. I had the same problem. The OB I wanted to go was so booked. I got the appointment for Dec 23rd.  I like the OB I see now, I will be canceling the other appointment.
Eternidad-
H All!  My appt was awesome!  We saw baby wiggling around today and heard the heartbeat again!!  I love it!!!!  This u/s can't tell how many beats per minute it just allows us to hear it. It was beautiful!  Well...I officially graduated today!  They took me off all my meds last week (yes Maria, even yucky progesterone! LOL!) so we had one more appt today to make sure all was good and, thankfully, it was!  So my next appt is scheduled for Dec. 31 with my new doc.  :)

Maria: Yes! I got so much blood taken at my new OB's office last week too!  It was scary!  I didn't count the vials, though.  I asked if taking that much blood was safe and the nurse said its normal!!! Ugh!

Anya:  How'd it go today??  Everything ok?

aweeonetolove:  you're lucky you're feeling better.  I get these bad waves of nausea when I eat something I shouldn't be eating!  Only problem is that sometimes I don't know what I should or shouldn't eat!  :)

Eternidad:  Jan 15??  Jeez!  They must have a really good practice to be so busy!   Did your IVF clinic recommend any other docs in the area?

Anyway, hope you are all well.  
Hello ladies,
Negative.
I'm hurting and want to cry, but I have to stay strong for my husband. He is torn apart.
This was my first.
What's next?
I'm definitely going for a do-over since they 'lost' the embies and don't really know weather they made it in or not...ho this really hurts. The Prog shots were the absolute worst. Has anyone ever been in this sort of situation before? I understand that I should expect to get period fairly soon and be ready for the worst...help me out ladies. Thanks.
I am so sorry about you not getting BFP but think positive, you still have some time to have new embrious to be transfered, so don't give up!!
It took me 3 years to get pregnant so just prepare to wait a little bit and the luck will be on her way! It will happen, believe me!!!!!
Thank you girls!!! SOrry I don't talk to everybody individually, but I have been swampt at work that's why I reply to all :)
SO, I went to my new OB today and I LOVED HER! She was great!
Unfortunately, the technician who had my u/s, didn't put measurements of the hematoma but just said that it was "dissolving"..which is nice to hear but Im more interested in the actual measurements....i knew she wasn't the best technician...also my cyst has shrink a little bit but hopefully it will continue to shrink. Baby's measured at around 3.1 or 3.2 cm :) I already have a bump :)

And lastly......I HEARD my baby's heart today!! She used doppler on my tummy and there it was!!!! She found it within a split second :)
it was the beautiful sound!

I really hope that all of our babies will be delivered savely and we will get to enjoy being mommies!!!

My next step is a scary one, of course...I have to go have my blood drawn for the down syndrom (syndrome) and other syndroms (syndromes) in two weeks or so..my next u/s will be in 3 weeks ...I can't wait already!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!!
Well girls now I got 2 appoit with 2 OB docs. , finally got a call back from the OB I wanted , have an app for Dec 18, to go over an interview with the nurse also my hubby found another great OB and we scheduled her for Dec 22, so we will go to both and decided wich one we want.

Bebelove- I am so sorry to hear about your negative, it hurts so much to hear those words, we all know what are you going through now, the frustration, deception and sadness. Don't give up stick to it and God will bless you. It took me 3 years with 2 failed IVF, one failed IUI, and more then 6 frosen embryo  transfer to finally get a single pregnancy. I was getting ready to give up, I am 38 years of age, was emotionally and financially broken when this positive pregnancy showed, still in shock and can't believe yet but miracles happens sweetheart, keep being optimistic you are young.

Anya- so much fun to hear your baby's heartbeat what a blessing. Big baby 3.1 cm yipeee.

Zuz- you got to see baby wiggling, what a wonderful experience, feels great to have crossed that bridge.

Maria- sorry about all the blood work, yes they need more blood then a vampire.

Aweeonetolev- So you are a teacher? What a fun job you have.

Dreamgirl- hope you are doing well and the nauseas are getting easier.

Girls we are almost over  the first trimester, so nice .
Hi ladies,
I kind of don't know what to do.  My symptoms haven't just faded over the past few days but they are literally gone. I don't even feel pregnant anymore.  Not at all.  My cat can stomp all over me and it doesn't hurt. I can eat pretty much what I want again. The nausea has disappeared. The bloating is gone and I think I actually look smaller than I did at week 7.  I don't feel any more twinges or stretching or mini-cramps down there to suggest my uterus is growing.  I'm a bit worried and thinking I should call my RE. Part of me thinks I can patiently wait until next Tuesday's u/s but part of me thinks I can't.  What do you ladies think?  I know! I know! I should just stop worrying and I can't base it on symptoms.  It's just that bit of bleeding that lasted all last week and now this...

Maria ~ Ick.  So much blood.  Yeah, they've taken tonnes of vials from me.  The last time they took blood, the nurse butchered my arm.  There was blood all over the table ~ It was disgusting.

Anya ~3 cm AND a strong heartbeat!  That is amazing.  Your little one seems to be growing right on schedule.  Absolutely perfect.

Zuz ~ Congrats on seeing your gymnastic little fig.  I can't wait to see mine!  Oh, and I'm actually in Theatre. I assistant teach/grade papers at the University to supplement my income.  The teaching part is fun. The grading is ugh.

bebe ~ I'm sorry to hear about your negative. I know how depressing that can be.  Hold strong, it will happen.

Eternidad ~ Congrats on having your Dh find another OB.  Hopefully this one is amazing!  

Have a great day everyone!
p.s. Ignore my previous freak-outs. I'm definitely over-reacting. I just need to remind myself that my Mom barely felt pregnant and so did my Aunt. Seems to be a family thing. I'm going to wait until Tuesday.  Have a good day ladies!
aweeonetolove- you have every right to overreact, is normal we want this to happen without any complications. If you feel the symtoms (symptoms) are gone and no cramps or anything might be a good sign bc you are moving out of the first trimester but if you are worried I will definitly call your OB or RE and see what they think.
I don't remember well was this and IVF, IUI or a FET treatment? or just natural conception?
I gotta tell you that my symptoms faded away by week 8.5!!! I first was overreacting too but now im fine..i still feel cramping here and there and pulling in my back (is that normal:?), bbs are little sore but that's it...
If you can wait, wait till Tuesday, if you can't, go tomorrow to put your mind at ease!
Thanks Anya and Eternidad,
I think I can wait until Tuesday.  I really think I am over-reacting.  (Or at least I hope I am.)  The only symptom I have now is that I am totally over-emotional.  I just feel so annoyed with everyone today. It *****, I got to shake out of this mood.  But I'm sure that come Tuesday ~ I will be very happy again.  And I think you both are right, my symptoms are just fading because I'm nearing the last few weeks of this trimester.  Did any of you find that the bloating has gone away?  I feel a lot less bloated right now but maybe I'm getting used to it.  All the best! I hope you all have a great day
aweonetolove-I am still a little bit bloated, and some cramps on and off, my RE said is r/t my Frozen embryo procedure, my r ovariy is still enlarged bc all the medications I am taking. Are you still taking progesterone and or estrace?
Hi ladies.  Just wanted to drop in and say hello.  I'm sick again.  I was sick all day yesterday and it just got worse at night. I actually woke up to throw up.  I was miserable.  Still not feeling so hot today but just wanted to check in.

bebelove:  I just want to tell you how sorry I am about your negative.  I know how much it ***** to have your hopes up and then have them shot down.  You just have have faith that your day will come soon!  You're in my prayers.
Congratulations to all the expecting moms. If you'd like to join a community of other women due in July 2009, we've set up a community specifically for you.

Pregnancy: July 09 Babies: http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/318
Hello my super-ladies...all of you!
I want to thank you all for all your warm, sweet and wonderful wishes and prayers. Being in such company really makes this entire transition bearable. I had my breakdown this morning cried my little heart out and then showered and went to work. I kid you not, I feel so much better now. See I do believe that EVERYTHING is in fact in the hands of the Lord and this was not my time. The embies got misplaced for a reason and who am I to question it. Having you guys to share this with makes a world of difference. I have not shared my current situation with any of my friends or relatives. Sharing the pain only with my husband is just not the same as sharing it with a girlfriend. I thank you ladies for being here and allowing me to share my hopes, dreams and disappointment.

This episode is almost behind me. I hate that I no longer take my shots (isn't that funny) and I hate that I wont get fat, but I am hopeful and I hear and feel your prayers and well-wishes. THANK YOU!

What's next? Next week I have an appointment with my specialist. I will be discussing with him my do-over. I plan on taking off about 2 months to recover and also to get back to the gym. I need to loose some weight and get my head, heart and behind in gear ready for my next cycle.

Ladies, I share in your joy. The heartbeats, the flickers, the measurements, even the nausea and the bloating! Congratulations to you all for your wonderful symptoms and everlasting joys...thank God for your blessings!

I will be dropping by the check on you guys and to say hello. Please, please, please get a lot of rest and relaxation.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you all. Happy OB visits to you all and all the best to you and your bundles of joy!

I will 'speak' to you all very soon.

Good night and God bless.
Hello ladies...I think its time to start a new thread, what do u think? Or we can start to meet up in July09 thread..
Anyway, I am feeling weird...I still have episods of nausia but the weirdest thing is that every morning i look at my stomach and it barely sticks out, but by the end of the day, it gets bigger..its been going on for the last 2 weeks......im nervous, as usual. I think it gets bigger because i eat. I want to show already to know that it is the baby and not the food....
Anya I think you are doing well I heard that lot of women usually show up more late in the afternoon bc the baby drops. Everything is going to be well, I think that we can start a new thread do you have any title suggestions?
Hello Girls!

How are you all doing today? I am alright. No symptoms at all. But these enlarged cysts are giving me problems. It measured about 5.5 cms in my last u/s so they are big. OB said it will reduce by itself.

ZuZ- Nice to hear that you are officially graduated to OB. I am still on my progesterone shots and OB said I should continue until 12 weeks. Imagine my daily shots...:( . I am so sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Eat crackers and nuts that will give relief from vomiting. I go for my next OB appointment on 30th.

Anya- Dont worry that you are not showing now. You will be very soon.. :)

Eternidad-  How is your bloating and cramping? We can start a new thread in July 09 community that was created just for us from Med help.

aweeonetolove-How are you feeling? Don't worry about not having any symptoms. I do not have any symptoms either. But I am hungry all the time. Funny part is I haven't put on weight but instead I am losing weight.

Dreamgirl- How are you and your little ones doing?

Bebelove- I am so sorry to hear about your results. You are such an optimistic person and its very great about you. Take care and good luck!!
Hi, I too have a cyst on left ovary that doesn't give me any pain or discomfort but it measures 5.6 cm, so yeah, mine is pretty big too...
Anya: What else do we have common... :)   How are you feeling?  Its good that the cyst is not bothering you.  I get the pain once in a while. Depends on how I move ..etc.
Hi Ladies,
Just a quick update. I went to my Dr.'s walk-in clinic yesterday and they managed to get my u/s moved up by one day.  (Which I think was very nice!).  I got way too stressed about it last night (the spotting, followed by the lack of symptoms, followed by my stomach looking much slimmer than it did two weeks ago) and just need to be re-assured. I'm feeling a bit more confident today b/c I'm still constipated ~ which is, at least, one symptom!  Thank you all for your kindness and reassurance.  
Maria, I'm sorry to hear that your cyst is still giving you pain. Hopefully it goes away sooner than later.  
Anya, I always felt more bigger in the evenings (back when I did feel more bloated). I am pretty sure it has to do with our digestive systems, the growing baby and how much water we drink.  
Zuz, I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so sick!  Yucky!  If I could cast a magic or something equally ridiculous to make it all go away, I most definitely would.  Eternidad, I'm not taking any medications at all. Au natural for me. How long will you be taking progesterone for?
Bebe ~ I'm sorry to hear about your results as well.  Stay optimistic. Things will work out.
Well ladies, have a great weekend. I'm just biding my time till Monday at Noon.  Hopefully everything will be okay.
Maria and Anya- girls sorry to hear about your cysts, hopefully they won't trouble you guys much.

Zuz- how is your stomach feeling nowdays still pretty sick, is hard to think of anything good to eat when you are feeling that way. Yesterday i got out of work and felt awful, everything made me nauseated. Today doing better.

Dreamgril- haven't heard from you in a while hope everything is well.

aweeonetolove- so happy for your results, glad to hear your doc says everything is looking great for you. I know is kind of hard to be confident at all times, we worry about every little thing and I think is o.k to worry about it, it makes us stronger.
I am still taking progesterone suppositories they are so awful and hopefully I will be oput of by the 24th
Hi Ladies,

Sorry I was not able to drop in and I was busy at work since we have many people layoff recently.
I am doing well, my symptom is fading too. My nauseas is getting better, and I even feel my engery is getting back too. But I still get tired at night very early around 8pm. So don't worry aweeonetolove, I am sure everything is good. Not to have the symtom is a bless, as you can eat well and feel good.
Me and my husband decided that we are not going to do the screening since it is not 100% sure. I will schedule my second U/S before Christmas, can't wait to see how my little ones doing. You ladies all had many times u/s, and I only did once which make me little worried, really not sure what is going on in my belly. Are they still both there?

Maria,  I had some blood work for prenatal, they only did 5 vials, why they did 18 to you? Maybe it is good to have so many, they can really check things up.

ZUZ/Anya/ eternidad200, so happy to see you all doing well. keep up good work.

babelove, I am so sorry you got negative. I know it hurts so much. We all went through very hard IVF and finally get pregnant, so don't give up if you really want to have a baby.
God will be with you and I do believe miracle.
Hello Girls!!!
  How are you all doing? Looks like everyone is busy this weekend. I dont see much activity from our BFP ladies.. :) I am doing fine.  Take care lovely ladies... Have a nice weekend!!
HI All!  I'm here!  I wanted to let you guys know that I'm ok.  I actually felt good all day yesterday, which is a blessing!!!! My husband left for FL yesterday to visit his parents (I wanted to wait till 2nd trimester to go visit.  Paranoid!) so I had dinner with a friend of mine....and it actually stayed down!  I just wanted to say thank you guys for asking about me and caring.  I wish I could give you all a giant hug!!!  All I can do is give you cyber (((hugs))) instead!!!

dream_girl: so glad you're feeling better!!!

eternidad: i'm better (for now).  I'm going to the mall to get some shopping done.  I'm sorry you're feeling sick but the good thing is that it passes!  Try to keep busy.  Eat frequently (i know its easier said than done!).  Hope you are feeling better today!

Maria:  Ugh! I wish they could have prescribed you another form of progesterone.  I never had to do the shots.  I'm sorry you do.  It's almost over!!  And I'm so sorry about your cyst!  I did read that they go away on their own to.  So hang in there!!  All of our suffering is ok and welcomed as long as our little angels are ok, right?  :)

aweeonetolove: Hi!  I'm glad you are feeling well!  Thank you for the well wishes!  I hope you continue to feel confident and perfect about baby because I know that God is with us!  :)

Anya:  Hello!  How have you been feeling?  OK?  Don't think about symptoms so much!  My sister has 3 kids and felt differently with each baby.  No two pregnancies are ever alike so don't pay to much attention to symptoms.  Some people may have all and some may have none and all that matters is that you have a healthy preganacy (pregnancy) going on, which you do!  :)

Bebelove:  I'm so sorry that you're going through this.  I wish things could have worked out differently for you.  God has our lives planned out for us and we just have to be patient and have faith that things will work out in His time, not ours, no matter how bad we want something.  I really feel for you and I hope that you are able to move forward and make new plans and take chareg of the situation.  I know in my heart that your prayers will be heard and answered!

ANyway, hope you're all having a happy Saturday!  I'm going shopping!  Oh!!  I got a new job!!!!  :)
Hello ladies...I am glad that everybody is doing good :)
I had an emotional episode break down yesterday night and was in tears...Im not sure if thats hormons or me just being tired of worrying...constantly...Since I don't have many symptoms AND my next u/s in 3 weeks AND my belly is barely there, I get paranoid...and I don't feel anything, u know? So I bought a doppler for $100, and anxiously waiting for it to be delivered in 4 days.....I want to be reassured when listening to my baby's heart!I hope I can survive this weekend, for some reason I am extremely worried .....maybe it is also my hormons?
Anya- I understand the paranoid feeling, is hard to feel reassure but I truly believe everything is well with all of us. Is hard to get symptoms bc you feel sick but is harder not to have them bc you feel something is wrong.
My symtoms (symptoms) are getting better and don't feel so nauseated anymore, belly is a little bit fuller and I am anxiously waiting for my first OB appoit.
Having the doppler is a good idea, just don't fret too much about it.
LOL
Hi Ladies,
I'm sorry to be quick but I just wanted to drop in and say: Keep your fingers crossed for me. I have my u/s at Noon.  I'm feeling more optimistic but I'm also nervous.  I hope you all had a lovely worry-free weekend.  I'll let you all know how it went after.
Hello Girls!!
   How are you all doing today?? I am doing alright but still have the pelvic pain. Dont know when it is going to go away.

Anya- How are you doing? Did your doppler arrive? Its always better to what you want to instead of worrying.

Zuz- Nice to hear that you are feeling good. Did they test your progesterone after they made you stop. Looks like I will taking till 12 weeks. I will give a call to my RE's office today and ask them too.

Eternidad- How are you doing now? Nice to hear that you are seeing your tummy.. :)

aweeonetolove- Good luck on your u/s today. Ask all the questions you need to clear...
aweeonetolove - We are keeping fingers crossed, let us know how it goes, are you going to have an u/s? Mine is only in another  2 weeks, can't wait!!

Maria - no, doppler should arrive tomorrow, I can't wait to hear my baby's heart since I have been pretty paranoid..I read that at 11 weeks, you can feel your uterus in mid pelvic bone...well, I am feeling something that is barely there, like a little tiny bump, I hope this is what it is and it will grow more very soon so that I don't have to be worried about my baby....cuz except sore bbs, I don't have any other symptoms and I just want to make sure everything is ok...
my u/s is on the 30th, and I also will have bloodwork done this Friday for down syndrom (syndrome)..I will only know results on the 30th...
I wish I could show more to be reassured..and I also developed dull constant pain in my lower back, I hope it is all normal!!!!

Keep me posted girls!
aweeonetolove- good luck on your u/s I am pretty sure everyting is going to be well and you are going to get to see your little one growing and wiggling around.

Maria- is your pelvic pain all the time or does it come and goes, how does it feels like. I have been having some mild lower abdominal discomfort ask aroudn and they said is r/t to your uterus stretching and baby growing, so I guess is good to feel that way, maybe?

Anya- wow you having a big agenda pretty soon, u/s and blood work al together how exciting, is nice when things are moving along well.

Me- Schedule one of my OB appoit for Wednesday at 0930, my second one with a different OB is next week, after these I will choose wihic doc to stay with to care for my pregnancy. I feel so happy and joyful everything is going well with all of us.
Eternidad- I get the pain in my lower abdomen once in a while. Also, this pain on my pelvic bone occurs when I lie down and wake up. I feel the pain is right on the bone. My  OB said it might be the uterus stretching.

Anya- I have my OB appointment on 30th and then he might prescribe a test for down syndrome. I will keep you all posted. I cant to get an u/s soon. My next u/s is scheduled for Jan 13th.  That is tooo far. I feel my baby is doing alright. Take care. Let me know how your doppler works..
Hello ladies,

How are you all doing today? I finally get my second u/s scheduled and it is on 12/24. I can harldy wait. My nausea is better with the medication, and still happens in the morning. My belly is not showing much, specially in the morning, it went smaller. Sometimes I am just wondering where my little ones are? I totally understand how Anya feel,  it seems to have a doppler is good idea. We just want to reassuring the baby is still there. I hope when we all moved to the second trimester, this fear will go away, as our belly should be growing like crazy by then.
Take a good care for yourself, God bless you.
Eternidad- yeah, thanks, I can't wait to hear good news from all the blood work and u/s..I know they only give you % of the possibility for down syndrom (syndrome), but its better then nothing, right? So bloodwork this friday, and u/s in 2 weeks or so...I am a paranoic but hope everything is well!!
My belly got bigger, I think its gaining fat for the baby... also, as I read for week 10-11, the uterus is streaching and is so full, you might notice a tiny bump right about your pubic bone....I noticed a tiny bump and I can hardly feel it but its there, so I hope everything is good!!!!!
My nausia is almost gone, only episodes...
When is your next u/s? How many weeks are you now? 9-10?

Maria-  When you go in to see your OB on the 30th, request to get a bloodwork and u/s done for down syndrome!! They will do that! I requested it...how many weeks are you going to be on the 30th? I think my OB said that after a syndrome u/s, I will get my next u/s at 20 weeks!!!! ;(( SOOOOO LONG! That's like mid of February!
That's why I ordered a doppler...before my stomach gets any bigger, I want to be reassured!!!!

Dream-girl - yeah, I will let you know how my doppler works and maybe you can order one as well, I think I will be able to sleep at night better!!!!!

Take care!!
can everyone state how many weeks are they and when is the next u/s?
Thanks! Just want to be on track!
Anya- I am 10 weeks this week, so happy getting closer to end my first trimester, can't wait until my OB appoit, hopefully they order an u/s or do one on the office, don't know yet. Yes I feel the little bump in my belly, my husband  every week check my belly he says is growing fine and we both can feel the hard part just down below in my abdomen half way through between naval and pubic bone, feel kind of rounded and hard to touch.

Dreamgirl- glad to hear you are feeling better, once you get your u/s you will see your two little one wiggling around.

Maria- I also get some lower abdominal pain once in a while, recently more often I guess is the uterus stretching.
Hey!
So you already got a bump? I wonder how come I barely feel anything there being 11 weeks?
Ohh....I guess I just want to feel something already :)
I will try to listen to the heart tonight when come back from work, cuz my hubby told me that the doppler arrived!!! I hope it worth it :)
I heard different stories, some say that they couldn't detect a heart, some say it worked fine!
I think unless u request an u/s with your OB, they might not do it...so you probly want to check that out !
OK, Im going to have some lunch now.
Take care!
Hi ladies,
I'm so sorry to keep everything short but my internet is barely working!  I'm glad to hear that you are all doing well, that you are all feeling your uterus' stretching and your baby's growing.  Also, that you are finally getting near those appointments and/or dopplers that you have been wishing for.  Very exciting times, especially because we are all nearing the end of our first trimester. I will be so glad to be out of this trimester.
Well, I had my u/s yesterday and it went well.  My little one measured 2.5cm at 9w3d.  They didn't tell me how fast the heart was beating but you could definitely see it pumping away.  My dh came and we saw my little guy just lying about, doing nothing.  Maybe it was sleeping.  But we could make out the legs and arms ~ which are getting quite long.  My next u/s is Jan. 8th for IPS screening. I opted to do the screening because I want to know if something is wrong with my little one and more so, because I wanted that extra u/s.  Otherwise they would make me wait until I'm 20 weeks for an u/s.  Well, I can tell my internet signal is dwindling.  Have a great day ladies!  All the best!
Hello everyone,
   I hope all are doing fine. The nurse from my OB office called me with the results of the urine test. She said I have Urinary tract infection. I am on antibiotics. I did not want to take any medications during my pregnancy. I called my RE's office to give them a update and asked about the antibiotic I will be taking, they said its fine and not worry.  Also they told me to stop the progesterone shots after this vial gets over. So no more pricks after few days. :)

Anya- I will be 11 weeks tomorrow. I have my OB appointment on 30th. I will ask for the down syndrome test then. Do you remember the name of the test?  Do let me know what kind of test is that. Also let me know how your Doppler is working. My next u/s is also very far..on Jan 13th...

Eternidad- I think the pain around my pubic bone was because of UTI and the lower abdomen pain is because of  uterus stretching. I feel the slight bump too. Other than that I think the remaining tummy is because of bloating.

Aweeonetolove- Nice to know that you could see your little one. That is the most joyful moment. Good luck!

I hope all the other moms to be are doing fine and busy Christmas shopping.
Anya- don't worry your will be feeling your little bump pretty soon, maybe I am just overly in tune with my body and feel every ache, pain, bump or anything and everything. I am sure your doppler is going to work out fine and your are going to be listen to your little one a lots, yipeeeee...

Maria- Well, now that makes sense and UTI can always give you a little bit of cramping. I think taht taking certain antibiotics during pregnancy is fine. Great to hear about no more PIO's, yohoooo, how nice no more poking your back side.

Aweeonetolove- You must be feeling great to see your little one on the screen, the measurements are great, think about how big he/she will by next u/s.

Zuz, dreamgirl, Sherri- hope everything keeps running along well with you guys.

LOL girls and let's keep working on getting out of this first trimester.
To all my girls I will be out of computer, and internet access until next week Monday, Hubby wants to go skiing for few days, I will be joining him and while he skies I will be reading and doing a whole lot of nothing but keepping my feet up and reading by the fireplace.
If I get a chance I will try to pop in here to check in once in a while.

LOL to everyone and let's make time go faster so we can move into the second trimester.
Big hello to everyone,

We are getting the end of the frist trimester, this is exciting. I am counting down the days. I will be 11 weeks by tomorrow.  
I have not seen any bump on my belly, it just looks pretty full like a pot. I gained 8 pounds, and started exercise again. Also will start my prenatal yoga class by early Jan.

aweeonetolove, my dor. also mentioned about IPS screening which I posted last week as I remembered. I know we need to know the earlier the better that if the baby has problem, but do you know this IPS is not 100% accurate, and it only can predict a perscentage of how much chance the baby will become down syndrom (syndrome). So if they tell you the persentage is high, what you are going to do? Get rid of the baby or keep it? To keep it, you will be stressed and worried for the rest of the pregnancy. To get rid of it, what if they test is wrong. The reason I am mentioning this it is becuase I had the same situation, and after consulted many people, my husband and I decided that we will not do it. Specially, I am with twins. However, this is totally up to you, we may see things differently. No mater what, just follow your heart.  This is just my personal opinion. Sorry if this bugs you.

All the best to all you girls.
Hello everbody!
      As dream girl said we are all nearing the end of first trimester. Every one should update how far they are so that we can record it.

Anya- how is the Doppler working? Did you hear baby's heart beat? Do you think that we can buy it too. I haven't heard my baby's heart beat, just saw it.

Dreamgirl- I am 11 weeks today. Good luck to you!

Zuz- how are you doing? I haven't heard from you. Is your hubby back? We are 11 weeks today.

Eternidad- have a lovely relaxing vacation.
Hi!  I'm sorry I've been out of touch!  It's been so busy!  I've been helping my brother out at our family business and trying to finish Christmas shopping!

Maria, hello!  I'm doing well.  Everyday is better and better, thank God!.  It got ugly for a minute but things are looking up. :)  I'm looking forward to my 12/31 u/s! Yes, my husband came in last night.  I invited my fmily over and got him a cake since he left for FL on his birthday. He was happy and I was just happy he was home!  I missed him!  Im glad that he got to spend some time with his parents.  His dad has been going through some rough times.  Hopefully, things get better.  He is a fighter.
How have you been feeling?  Can you believe we're 11 wks and 1 day!?!  LOL!

Eternidad, I hope you are having a wonderful time!!  Have some cocoa for me!  :)

Anya, you'll have to let me know how your doppler works!  Sounds interesting!

dream_girl, I'm sure your little ones are great!  Think positive.

aweeonetolove, I hope you are well!

Well ladies, I gotta take my little Max (my little shnauzer baby!) out. I hope you are all doing great and hope you have a great day!
You did the down syndrom (syndrome) test and they give you a high percentage? Yeah, it would be a tough thing to do, make a decision....I go for mine on the 30th, pretty nervous but I hope everything will be fine.
In your case, since you have twins, you shouldn't worry because you are right, it is only the % and the chances that twins will both have problems are very slim, to my opinion...I wouldn't worry about a thing right now!!!
But I thought they do down syndrom (syndrome) between 11.5 weeks and 13...I will go for mine at 13w2d...nervous...
If you don't mind, I would like to start a new thread, I will call it July Babies 09, and we can continue there. I will put about my doppler :) See you there!
Viewing 201-249 comments: