Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Just Started Tracking....

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Just Started Tracking....

hi, ok well im new to the boards, but my name is Angel and im 34 years old. my DH and i are starting our journey to a TR and becoming parents together. i have 3 beautiful wonderful daughters from my first marriage, but my DH has none of his own, i would love to give that to him. so now we are in the process of getting our finances straight, getting the money for my reversal and a lil nest egg so that i can be a SAHM again. so here is my deal, im going to start tracking my cycles now, given my age and our time constraints, i want to know if/when i am ovulating, so that we know my cycles already before we dive into TTC. problem is im new to this so im not really sure how to even begin. i know to check my temp every am before getting out of bed, beyond that what else to i need to check to ensure my body is still alive and kicking? we would really hate to spend upwards of $5000 just to find out im no longer able to conceive due to no ovulation or menopause. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks and good luck to all you that are TTC now!!
Checking you temp is a great place to start.  You can also track your CM and use OPK's.  There is a fantastic book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility by ToniWeschler.  It will tell you everything you need to know about charting.
thanks, well im not gunna worry about OPK's right now, no point in spending the money, i am focusing on just getting to know my body right now. strange thing is, im CD13 and my temp dropped, and i got mild cramping this morning, i thought you were supposed to have a surge in your temp when you ovulated? according to my chart i should ovulate Saturday. i know for a fact though that i got pregnant with my middle daughter the day after my AF ended, because it ended, i was intimate with my ex husband, then we separated, long story, but we were separated for 3 months, and i was prego with my daughter. so... im wondering if im one of those rare people that have a different cycle, hence the reason im tracking, just to see when i actually do ovulate, so that when i get my reversal, we know when and how my body functions.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers