Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
LH Surge but no Ovulation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

LH Surge but no Ovulation

Well ladies, I'm 17DPO or at the earliest 15DPO (or should I say DP+OPK - since I obviously didn't ovulate. I'm assuming that I did detect my LH Surge, but no Ovulation followed, which I read can happen. I was so excited to just finally MAYBE O. I tested this morning and of course BFN, that's why I know I didn't O. I should have started AF by now.

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm out. I'm kind of out of options for the time being. It's not in our budget right now for me to move on to injectibles so I'm considering Vitex.

Good luck to everyone.
Do you have health insurance.  I am 100% covered with pacificare HMO for injectables.  You should check with your healthcare provider.  The only thing not covered is IVF, unfortunately my next option if I don't get pg this time around. Major piggy-bank breaker!  Injectables are about $400 for a cycle out of pocket.
Do you temp and chart? If not maybe you should try, becasue without a blood test that is the only way to know for sure if you ovulated or not.

Why is it you think you did not ovulate?   Perhaps you ovulated late,  you can definatly have more than one LH surge a month...... maybe you ovulated later tahn normal for whatever reason.

If I were you I would try temping so you can know if you O'd or not and dont have to assume  

Good Luck   ; )
I wonder the same thing...I always get pos OPK and time BD just right and no BFP....so maybe I dont O either....unexplained infertility SU@#$.  super sticky baby dust to you
Hey girls thanks for your replies!

No I do not chart or temp. I know that I should and would really like to. I attempted the BBT but I have read that temp needs to be taken after continuous sleep, like 4 hours. I found myself lost. And I rarely sleep that good. I guess I can attemp it again just to see. I may have the wrong impression of it. Any tips?

Thanks again! Baby dust to all!
sweetheart, not just because you can't get preggers means that you are not O'ing.....
The first time I went to see an RE after almost a year of not conceiving at all and after 2 mc's......i was surprised I actually had a corpus lutheum!! (i was O'ing)......my problem is totally different from that.......have you gone to see a specialist?? maybe yours is something different...??

Good luck to you!
I have not been to a specialist. My gyno says because I'm overweight it is causing me not to Ovulate. Which I'm sure it doesn't help, but when I got pregnant 2 years ago I was overweight. (ended in mc). I'm going to call my Dr. and see about an HSG and/or Laparoscopy. So sorry to hear of your mc's.
Good luck to you! Good luck to all!
Girl, they cannot tell you just like that, without tests that you are or you're not ovulating!!! that's ignorant!!!.......go see a specialist.....don't get discouraged.....
My sister in law carried 3 gorgeous kids to term, very healthy and is MEGA overweight.........

Girl, best of lucks to you, don't give up.....=) you are not alone!
I am so sorry about your loss....=( (((hugs)))
I have a question: I bought the Clearblue Ovulation Predictor Kit for the second month and I check every day after the 10th day but no LH surge line and I have the cervical mucus. What's wrong? Can I ovulate and not have the LH Surge line? Since cervical mucus is a sign of ovulation I thought the OPK was defective and waited for this month. But the same thing happened this month. Please help.
jada79: the way to be sure you ovulate is by getting your progesterone levels taken 7 dpo (which would be about 8dp +opk) - that will tell you for certain

babybr: how long are your cycles?  Mine were around 35 days, so I sould O around day 19-21ish  are your cycles longer?  because that could explain it
My cycles are 26 days... The problem is that a have cervical mucus for about 3-4 days and before that I was using the OPK and no LH Surge... :( I am really frustrated that I am trying to conceive and nothing. My husband will do the semen analysis on Monday.
I have the same problem...no LH surge when using the OPK but I still have all of the physical signs of ovulation.  My dr convinced us we would have to use fertility treatments to get pregnant, even did the IUI...then voila - I got pregnant.  my cycles are really long - sometimes 40+ days.  I say, listen to your body.  if the OPK isn't working for you, then move on.  Don't waste your money on it.  I'm glad to hear that your husband is willing to get tested.  more and more I hear of men being the "issue" in infertility.  Best of luck to you!
I'm new to this community and was hoping for some advice. I had irregular cycles and didn't get a period for 8 months. Then somehow I got PG the 9th month still without having had a period. That PG ended in MC and I desperately want to get PG again. Since the MC and D&C my cycles have regulated and are 23 days long with a LH surge like clockwork on the 13th day. The first month I had mittleschmitz and knew I was ovulating. We didn't try for a baby then because the Dr had advised against getting PG again for 2 cycles. Since then I've had 5 cycles with LH surges on the 13th day, but don't feel like I'm ovulating and haven't gotten PG. Is it possible to get an LH surge and not actually ovulate?
I have been trying to get pregnant for about 2 1/2 years with no luck.  I try the OPK but ikt always says Im not ovulating.  I have also been checking my basal temperatures but they are erratic and all over the place.  I do get cervical mucus the same time every month.  I have also had a HSG which was normal and my husbands sperm count is also normal.   I don't understand what is wrong.  I am a registered nurse and I'm puzzled!  Help me....
My cycles are 26 too. I was told to test OPK starting on CD5 even if I was still bleeding. Luteal length should be 10-14 days long. So you may O early! Start testing then and remember it takes 4 hours after you wake up for LH to reach your urine. You also can not drink for 3 hours prior to testing. I get up at 6 and test at 10:30 am. Most dr's say to ttest in the afternoon. Test the same time each day! You can also test in the evening around 8 to see if that is when you get your peak. Lots of woman who have short cycles get strong surges and it doen't show up for long. Which means more money and more testing. Good luck!