Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
LONG PERIOD

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

LONG PERIOD

Ok, so my period came a few days late this month. If this helps in me getting answers to my question,  I must also say that I was diagnosed with pcos. Last cycle I was given menopur by my doctor due to the failure of clomid in my ttc journey. The menopur was unsuccessful as well with the first try. I didnt respond to it at all. I injected 150iu for 5 days. After using menopur my cycle and bbt has been like crap. My bbt is all over the place, my period came few days late and it finally came but its been a week now with no end and it is usually 4 days long. Now could someone tell me why my period has been so long? A week with no sign of ending. The flow is between light and medium and a few little clots now and then. Please someone tell me why my period last for more than the usual 4 days. For the last 6-7 months my period has been 4day long. Could menopur have affected my cycle?  I am very worried now.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
Exogenous hormones can affect the menstrual cycle in various ways can cause abnormal menstruation. This effect wares off with time and soon the cycle can revert back to normal once the medications are stopped.
Hope this helps.