Fertility / Infertility / IVF Community
Laparoscopy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to genetic testing, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), ovulation, pregnancy reduction post-IVF, relationship issues, and sperm count and quality.

If you are trying to conceive for less than one year, please visit our Pregnancy: Trying to Conceive (TTC) Community

Laparoscopy

Hello. I am a 32year old woman who has been battling with infertility issues for several years. My husband and I have been aggressively trying to conceive for 17 months. Although we have been having unprotected sex for 9 years with not even 1 accident. I was on clomid for 4 cycles with increasing doses each month. We tried IUI 3 times with no success. I am going in for a laparoscopy this Friday 2/1 in hopes of finding the cause of infertility as we are sooo ready to be parents. I'm looking for any woman's stories regarding a laparoscopy and infertility as a positive source of hope. Please share your stories and experiences as they are very encouraging during such a difficult time.
It took us almost 3 years to conceive. We were unsuccessful with clomid among other things and had the laparoscopy 6 months before we conceived. It was not a hard surgery. I was sore for about a week or so. Well worth it. I had endometriosis, which was a large factor with our infertility that was cleaned up during the procedure. They also did a hysteroscopy during the surgery....highly recommend that if you haven't had it yet. The surgery doesn't look at the inside if the uterus, so the hysteroscopy covers it. It's worth asking about since you will already be sedated.
We wish you the best of luck!
Thanks so much and congrats on your pregnancy. That is so exciting. I has a hystersalpingiogram last July and my hysteroscopy was done in August to remove a fibroid. He said he may do another hyster along with the lap tomorrow. Just hoping to find out what is going on in there. It seems that the sperm is just not making it to my eggs. :(
Try not to get discouraged. We spent way to much time worrying. You'll hopefully have some.good answers after this. They'll probably flush your fallopian tubes, so that's a good thing. Keep us updated! We wish.you the best!
Hi skyler, just want to share... we im 31 this year..married for 2 years ..same boat as well... well for your husband probably u may try to give SPERMIN (HImalaya brand) well the fertility doctor swears that this products improves the sperm motility for men..n from your side probably u may try multivitamin (centrium) well we have been taking these supplements for 2 months...hope we could also get the baby dust ...just feeling like sharing dear..good luck though!!!